1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seven, no make that 8 days at The Mirage

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by tomkat, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomkat

tomkat Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Long time lurker, admirer, and 1st trip report.

The boss (wife) myself, and 22 year old son and 21 year old daughter departed Greensboro, NC on May 21 and were suppose to return May 28 with Delta. Trip out uneventful, on time. Trip back not so much. Board plane at 12:10 pm, deboard plane at 2:00 pm. Fuel pump issues, better safe than sorry. See gate agent, will not make connecting flight in Detroit, "stuck" in Vegas another night. At least I was happy.

Wife and I spent entire time at the Mirage comped, the kids at the Flamingo comped.

Gambling was an adventure to say the least. I had devoted myself to learning everything I could about gambling through my 23 years in the military, books, and my favorite VMB. My 22 year old son began a recurring theme of Dad, could I have some more money. My 21 year old daughter also had a recurring theme, I won again. The wife hit the Buffalo Stampede for 650 dollars at one time. Seriously, who wins 650 dollars on a penny machine. I have had some great luck the previous six trips to Vegas on slot machines, number seven was not so fortunate. Have you ever been in Vegas playing slots and your hosts comes by "a lot" and tells you how happy he is to see you again, how great you look, and what a beautiful family you have, and to ask what else can he do to make your stay more enjoyable? The wife and kids were impressed to say the least. I did not tell them that I was losing my shirt in the slots department.

I came up with a new plan, if PayTriple and NateDogg could master craps, so could I. I had the best session, up 4 grand, two others up over a grand, 1 treading water, and 2 I do not want to remember. The 4 grand coup began with a guy rolling six straight 7's on the come out roll. SO much for probability. I said to myself there will be a long time before another 7, 45 minutes to be exact. One of the few bright spots in my week long attempt to retire early.

Oh well, at least I had fun.

The dining experience were incredible: Goren Ramsey's Steak and Seersucker in Ceasars. Joes and Carmines in the Forum. Hashouse A Go Go in the Linq (I think). Portafinos and the Carnegie Deli in the Mirage. Incredible food and service.

The pool at the Mirage was great, no crowds, beautiful weather, and time to contemplate how many more family trips can we pull off before everyone goes their separate ways. My oldest is teaching in China and the other two kids with us are seniors in college.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you. We took our kids (and spouses) when they about 5 years older than yours. Had lots of fun. Seeing LOVE was one of the highlights. Good that you got separate rooms vs trying to cram into one hotel room. I don't get people that do that.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a fun trip!

4. Niteshade

Niteshade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip. Glad you had fun!

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice when a flight doesn't work out and you really don't want to leave! Haha. Sounds like you had a good time!

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bonus day in Vegas, yay! Sounds like a fun trip with your family.

7. Vegas Tim

Vegas Tim Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, thanks for posting.

Tim

8. ndreece

ndreece Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was actually on your flight to Detroit. Unfortunately I did not have a connecting flight that I was going to miss, so I had to simply wait out the delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.