1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SEVEN DAYS VEGAS AND LAUGHLIN

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jerseyguy, Sep 22, 2016.

1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

A few highlights and lowlights
    No food pics or vp wins sorry
    We headed up to EWR in the afternoon to avoid rush hour and enjoy the United Club passes we had
    Got to ez-park right over to airport no problem..From there things went a little downhill .
    TSA grabbed me for a bag check,no big deal except I had to wait forever for them to pat down and search the people ahead of me. OK off to the United Club to have a few drinks and snacks before flight.
    We get there and they inform us that the club was full and nobody else was being let in with passes.Great!
    So we go to buy a few drinks and some food .EWR used to have some great food courts and a diner but apperently it was remodled and the food and beverage places are all one company now. Now you have to order food and drinks at a computer in front of your seat.Bartender took pity on me and placed the order .
    I havent flown in about two years so what does United do? They get rid of the tv's in the seatback in front and have you watch on your computer or phone. No way I could figure this out so we're stuck on the plane for 5 hours with nothing to watch or read.
    When we got to Alamo they upgraded us to a Ford SUV which was nice. Its about 2am our time so we drive to Rio ,beat and check in. We go up to the eighth floor of the Masquerade Tower and the room and hallways are in a word,shit. Mrs. is REALLY pissed but we're so tired we slept there and I promised I'd get us out of there in the am,no matter what. Maybe tomorrow will go better?

2. Miller12pack

Miller12pack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are in Vegas. Of course it will get better. Good luck and win lots.

3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bride and I had the worst beginning to a Vegas trip ever (see my most recent TR), but it became the best trip ever by the time it was all said and done.

Wishing the same turnaround for you, jerseyguy!

RICHARD

4. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next morning,I wake up at some early hour because of the time change and go down to the front desk. I know a comp is a comp but I told the nice older lady this room was like being in a homeless shelter and I'll pay more if she can get us in a decent room. She gave a much better room and waved the xtra charge so I gave her $20 . She blocked the room off for us after we get back from Laughlin also. Walked over to GC for the $7 breakfast buffet and grabbed the strip shuttle. Mrs JG's mission was to get a ticket for Pit Bull that night. She got in line at PH boxoffice and came out dancing and waving her ticket with a big smile. Spent the rest of the day playing VP at PH and back at the Rio. Found a good place to eat at PH Mall called Ocean One. Had lunch and dinner there. 8:30 pm Mrs. went to see Pitbull and I settled in at a VP bar at PH. There I got the typical Vegas Scam Story. Young lady comes up ,asked me how I'm doing blah blah. Said she has no money no room or food to eat. Usually I'd tell her to get lost immediately but I figured I'd let her go thru her whole act. The grand finalle is she asks me for $100 w/o even offering at least some sexual favors for it. Whats this world coming to ? So I called her bluff and said we could go across to the Earl and I'd buy her a sandwich She says that she wants Chinese food ,so I say "go find a Chinese guy and bother him".
    After the concert ,Mrs. loved it ,we went back to Rio ,turned in early to catch up on sleep for the trip down to Laughlin the next day. Things are going much better.

5. birdman925

birdman925 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Chinese guy/food comment was really funny.

6. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK,friday morn .,breakfast at HH a go go ,tons of food and we load up the Escape and head down to Laughlin.VP is going ok,Mrs better then me,what else is new.
    Harrahs Laughlin is fine ,we paid xtra for a room in the adult tower. .Went down to GN and ate outside on the river at Bubba Gumps. Food was ok ,no complaints. Played there for a while then went back to Harrahs and played some more .Met some fun people ,Mrs. hit 4 aces and I hit the Glenlivit . Next day we got up watched the Rutgers and Penn State games at the VP. bar. Afternoon took a drive out to Oatman AZ an old mining town in the middle of nowhere that features burros wandering around that you can feed. Not us,we dont go near large hooved animals. Some quaint shops and eateries,I just cant believe people actually live there. Back to Laughlin more VP and booze,ate in the regular cafe there had a french dip that was the pits,they took it off the bill. Got up sun morning hung around to watch the Giants game then back to Rio. Ate at Guy Fierris mexican place ,not too bad.
    Played some more VP then hit the sheets early,still two days to go.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bombings in ny and nj hit home with us because our daughter lives close to where the one at the beach went off and the town where the bomber was from,Elizabeh and where he was caught,linden are two places we lived in years back.still have monday and tuesday.

8. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday morning drove downtown,Mrs. hit 4 aces at Binions VP bar ,gave her some playing cash . I played some bj with a bunch of people who were clueless ,hitting 14 against the dealers 6 stuff like that . Of course they somehow win,the dealers draw to 21 and I lose.
    So we had a nice lunch outdoors at that bar across from Heart Attack Grille. ,headed back to Rio.
    Every trip to LV we like to have dinner at Mon Ami Gabi outside . We got a table outside ,waitress,who we could barely understand botched our order ,brought Mrs. the wrong thing and the whole experience went downhill. We crossed that place off,sadly,some nice memories there.
    Went to the Ballys VP bar,they have that new thing where your play is rated on a computer and the bartender sees whether you should get a drink. One more day ,then home.

9. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last day ,hopped in the Escape and drove back streets and down to Encore. The one thing that never stops amazing us is that The Encore and Wynn always look like they just opened last week. I actually hit a couple of hot slots and won a couple bucks in Wynn. Decided to have a late lunch/early dinner. Saw a place across the street called Maggianos ,service and food was excellent. Stuffed ,so we went back to Rio and turned in early.
    Had a 7:55 flight so up at 5 ran to Alamo and over to Airport. Even security went smooth so we had time to grab a coffee and a bagel.This time we grabbed a paper and a magazine for the flight. We get seated and are surrounded by elderly Japanese people who the Flight Attendent is trying to get in the right seats. All of a sudden a lady behind us whips one of those sleep collars up to the guy in the row in front of us who the FA is trying to move into his right row. Problem was her aim was a little off and she bounces it off Mrs. JG's head. She turns around and gives her a nasty look and the FA yells at the lady dont throw things!!. The lady starts screaming in Japanese and I figure any minute we're going to be in a Senior Kung Foo movie. The lady in our row just smiled at us and shook her head so that calmed things down.
    So we flew home w/o further incident Drove down toward home and had a luscious meal of NJ Turnpike Rest Stop Popeyes chicken and Sbarro pizza. We were tired and hungry.
    THE END

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! Glad it didn't turn into anything too major!

Thanks for the report, jerseyguy!

RICHARD