1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Service Fees on Reward Tickets

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Sklem211, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone shed some light on box office service fees? I recently used the BOGO Standard Companion ticket to Zumanity. I called the redemption line, and she redeemed the reward and told me the other ticket would be $53.90 + LET. That was fine...I guess...even though the terms and conditions say the ticket will cost $49. But then today I get the confirmation e-mail and I have been charged a $10.95 service fee not only for the paid ticket, but also for the free ticket, so my total was around $88 which is quite a difference from the $49+tax I was expecting to pay. Is this normal to be charged the service fee on the free ticket as well??

In comparison, I bought one ticket to Kathy Griffin in September and was charged the service fee. A friend ended up deciding to come with me so I called and had it changed to 2 tickets. When I got my confirmation for the change, not only was I NOT charged a service fee on the extra ticket, but the service fee for the first ticket was taken off.

What's the deal with service fees?

2. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are talking about MyVegas rewards....when I got the two tickets to Terry Fator back in April I was not charged any service charge or fees. I did end up purchasing the "two show" deal and I think the service charge/fee for those two tickets ended up being almost $10 total.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cashed in 1 ticket last week, no charges. You did buy an extra ticket so they must spool them together. That would make sense from the charge.

4. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just looked up the reward on myvegas....zumanity says "receive a second standard companion ticket to zumanity when you purchase one for 49.00 plus LET tax (69.00 retail value per ticket) soooo...i'm assuming its some sort of entertainment tax and they are probably charging on the full value of the ticket (not the price you paid) and am sure they charged on both because it is a tax and can't get around that like them waiving resort fees which goes directly into the hotel's pocket not the state of nevada. Hope this helps :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.