1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sequoia National Forest- airport / best route

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by floridavegas, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi -
    We have a couple trips booked one in Sept and one in Nov. We thought about mixing things up a bit and flying into another airport (Fresno is the closet) but not a good flight from TPA.
    Thought about flying into SFA? Renting a car and driving onto Sequoia.. staying 2 nights then drive onto LAS. Spending 2 nights (that we have comped) then using our already booked flight home and returning the car at LAS.
    I am aware that the drive from Sequoia to LAS is a long one... just thought it would be a cool way to see some places we have never seen before. We have traveled out to LAS 9 times in the last 2 years but have not really ventured off anywhere,,,
    Any tips? Advice? Better airport to fly into? Anyone done a trip like this?

Thank for any input in advance.:peace:

Lisa

2. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

There are so many possibilities of things to see in that area. We have driven from LV to Sequoia/Kings Canyon several times but we usually stop for several days on our way to Lake Tahoe. You could fly into SFO but then you would have a lot of driving and you should be aware that it may cost you an arm and a leg to pick up a rental car at SFO and return it in LV. If you have more specific questions, maybe I can help.

BTW, we love Sequoia and Kings Canyon NP's. We've seen many bears in both if you're interested in wildlife.

3. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Driving to Sequoia National Forest from SFO would be a long drive. I drove twice from San Jose to sequoia and I think it took 5 hours or so. I can't remember if it was 5 to the park or 4 to the park and another hour to the campsite where my family was. But from SFO that's another 45 minutes.if Fresno is closest, I would do that. Sequoia is a beautiful park.

4. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, after much further investigating I think I found a workaround. Found dirt cheap flights to Denver..then flights to Fresno.Fresno is close to seuoia so rent a car from there and return it to there.short flight to Vegas from Fresno (50) I think. I think k I've got it worked out... Just need to square up the lodging part..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.