1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

September 9 to September 29 Nothing live

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by dewey089, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, my trip report from the September Vegas trip is finished. Again it is in snippets that I can use as board posts, and that make skimming a very long report much easier than one, long, sequentially organized narrative which would be impractical for a 20 day Vegas trip. It is more informative than entertaining. It has very few photographs. Generally, it just collects details and observations on hotels, food, live poker, video poker, buses and the people I meet, both family and strangers. Most of the food reviews are buffets. I stayed at the Gold Coast, Orleans, Excalibur, an Air B and B near Maryland and Katie, Palace Station, The D, and the Four Queens.

It also begins to reflect a major shift in my Vegas visits. They have in the past been organized around the three free nights at the Four Queens and those have dried up, leaving it hard to cover a weekend. Then downtown is getting so upscale and popular that there are fewer deals and more blackout dates. This Live is Beautiful festival catches me it seems every year and it is really expensive. No free nights at the Four Queens. Raised prices at the 2 for 1 offers from the D.
    I'd get right out of Downtown if I could find a better limit 2-4 poker game, but that Golden Nugget game, especially with the new comp system, and especially from 2 AM until morning, is just a wonderfully soft and easy to beat game.

At the same time I am downscaling my VP to more dime play. Palace Station seems the place to play. No offers yet. Perhaps I won't get them on dimes.

Well, here are the snippets.
    http://vegasbirthdaybash.blogspot.com/

2. GogglesPizano

GogglesPizano Tourist

Thanks Dewey. I enjoyed your snippets.

My last visit in July was a solo poker trip. Your observations on poker rooms and players made me smile.

3. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little off topic, but...

Damn! John Pizzarelli.

He and Bucky are monster guitar players! I'd love a chance to see either.

And thanks for the rest of the report, great as usual Sir!

4. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We certainly enjoyed seeing both of them. Did you see this

http://deweysroadtoflorida.blogspot.com/2015/08/tanglewood-with-chuck-and-mary-for.html

Tomorrow night we see Kat Edmondson here in Albany. I'm very excited because she is my new favorite. I you like that sort of music, lounge and jazz mix, you might like her. A search will give you Utube examples. She is young, writes her own songs, but it is that prerock style of music.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the snippet, complete post format. I enjoyed the TR. My only negative is I couldn't access vegasnews.com site to see Ms Olympia. It said I was blocked.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  6. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry. I just searched to find that and it was an old photo anyway. I don't know why anyone would be blocked.

7. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Dewey - your reports are great. I will definitely add the Eastside Cannery to my to-do list. Sounds very fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.