1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Separate checks on one check?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went out to dinner and someone in the party requested separate checks. It's not something I do very often, but when I have in the past, they literally bring separate checks.:poke:

In this case there was a party of 8 (9 if you count the child) two people for each check. Anyway the waiter brings one check, and it is broken down as party 1, 2, 3 & 4,on one bill, but separate totals for each. He points to everyone and says you're party 1, you're 2 etc.

I've never encountered this procedure before. Two of us paid with CC and two paid with cash, but there was only one sleeve for all the money & credit cards.

Is this a thing just unique to this restaurant, or maybe a lazy server? :confused2: Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this procedure?

Christmas
  2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's odd. Never seen it. No idea why anyone would do it that way.

3. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've run into it a couple places in my life, don't remember where now.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've seen this. some of the POS systems are advanced enough so that they enter each of the items ordered and assign them to a seat at the table. this way if you wait until the end of the meal to let the server know you want separate checks, the system already knows what each person ordered and the server can then group seats into parties easily.

however, i will say that usually they print out a separate slip of paper for each party. it sounds like the POS system this restaurant used is a bit of a POS. :)

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup, encounter this all the time, makes it easier for everyone in a group to figure out how much they owe

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recall seeing something like this at Denny's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.