1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Senor Frogs....

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by GreggWizard, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone check this place out yet? We're leaving for Vegas in 29 days, and I'm wandering if I should put Senor Frogs on our "must do" list? If I remember right, I read that it was opening in April or May, so it hasn't been there long....

Gregg.:nworthy:

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have not been inside yet, but love the new look of the TI from the street and in direct relation to SeƱor Frogs and Gillie's

3. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

we stayed at ti for four nights at start of june.wife and i in early 50's, son had turned 21, and 23 year old sis flew in, as well as one of her college roomies. the night we were with them at ti, we went to gilleys, got there 8ish, the kids wound up closing it down, not even going clubbing, and that was the girl's plan. so they had lots of fun at gilleys.

the girls had went and had a margarita at senor frogs, pretty much got a shrug from them when i asked how it was, one of them muttered something about expensive.

i gambled a few times right outside the door, they did have decent traffic, but it seemed like the hosts/entertainers were just having to try really hard to create an atmosphere, and most people who i noticed leaving were not laughing. menu prices looked really aggressively high...i just got a whole tourist trap vibe from the place, in a town full of tourist traps!

4. spaceyfan

spaceyfan Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Senor Frogs

I know it is on Groupon right now 25 dollars for 50 dollars worth of food or drinks.

5. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought the Groupon because we loved, loved Senior Frog's in the Bahama's. People dancing on the tables (patrons not employees) and a conga line where you paused for mouth poured shots. Somehow I doubt the Vegas one will be quite the same.....still willing to give it a chance though.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the place is O.K. And, when I say O.K., I mean it's a Senor Frog's. If you liked visiting Senor Frog's in other cities you'll probably like this one too. And, the reverse also applies. It is what it is.

Bill

7. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love the way it looks from the sidewalk, but the hostess leaves a lot to be desired. we went there during the week and asked the hostess what they have for happy hour. she gave me a blank look and said "we don't have a happy hour." okaaaaaay; i thought that was odd. before i could even say thank you, she had turned and walked away. what? we walked about 6 feet from the door and noticed a big chalk board sign that said "happy hour!" so you don't have a happy hour huh? well then someone should be careful about posting it on the senor frogs chalkboard! poor customer service and bad first impressions turn me off. there are plenty of other places in vegas for me to spend my money and time. too bad because i was actually excited about this place.

p.s. it was absolutely dead in there.

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the same thing. The Las Vegas Senor Frog's is one of the best-looking from the outside I've seen.

Bill

9. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been there, but my expectation is that it would be the same over priced tourist trap that Senor Frog's and Carlos n Charlies are in the Caribbean. But then again, its Vegas, and there is plenty of that. If they can succeed in bringing the "fun" part like they do in the islands, it will be a success. If not....

10. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there on Thursday, using our Groupon coupon. We didn't order drinks. They looked really good, but the prices were sky high. I ordered the coconut shrimp, MIL ordered fish and chips and hubby ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich, all came with fries that were crispy - yum, hubby had a soda, MIL and I had water. The food was good, but we were glad to have the coupon because the total bill was about $60. We tipped on the total bill and left $18.

There was a live band that was playing really loud and then there was karaoke until the pirate show started at 7:00pm. We ate on the patio and were able to have a front row view of the pirate battle. HTH!!!

11. surfside

surfside Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Senor Frogs Groupon

I got an email from Groupon about pay $25 for $50 bucks worth of food/drinks at Senor Frogs @TI.. So the question is..is the food at Senor Frogs worth the groupon?

I went to Senor Frogs in Honolulu, but that was to party/drink and didn't eat there..

Will be going to Vegas in two weeks..thanks!

DH

12. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Yes, the one in Vegas does the conga line and the shots in the mouth, but I don't remember anyone dancing on the tables. I went right after it opened. Most people were eating dinner. I don't think I'd put it on my "must do" list, there are just to many other things to do in Vegas. :peace:

13. spunky96

spunky96 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Senor Frog's fan. Been to the one in Cancun, Bahamas and Aruba. I ate and drank there and had a blast. The Bahamas location was my favorite. It had lots of fun trivia (winner gets free shots), karaoke and conga lines (again free shots). Lots of crazy things going on and i think its a really fun place. When we go, we get appetizers and drinks and I never thought it was overly expensive. Sure the yard drink is $21 but most yard drinks in Vegas can go for that much. The Aruba location was good too but not as fun at the Bahamas location. My upcoming trip to Vegas i'll give the Vegas location a try.

14. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went in there on Monday night for a few drinks and sat at one of the small tables out on the back patio. Waitress said if we weren't getting food we would have to move from the table to the bar about 6 feet away. Now it being 10pm on a Monday there were lots of empty tables. So we took her suggestion under advisement and walked out. Too many other places to put up with that crap.

15. sherilj

sherilj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not personally been there. However, a good friend of mine just got back from Vegas, and knew we are going in October. She told me NOT to eat at Senor Frogs, said it was expensive and the food was awful. Sure has made me wonder if I really even want to give it an effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.