1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Semi-Live TR from MGM Grand Apr 2-5

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by b_smith07, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b_smith07

b_smith07 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Heres my first attempt at a trip report, me and my buddy Eric came to Vegas to celebrate my 21st bday staying at MGM on a kind-of limited budget. So here it goes:

Friday April 2nd:

Arrived at Lubbock International at 3:30 and checked bags and made it through security in 15 mins :rolleyes2:, so we had an hour to kill before the flight left at 4:30. The hour came and went and we were on the plane headed to vegas at exactly 4:30. Pretty uneventful flight other than the flight attendant buying me a drink for my bday (gotta love SWA).

Landed at McCarran, and embarked on the two mile hike from the SWA terminals to the baggage claim. This was a task since Eric has sprained and swollen ankle! But we get to the baggage terminal and sure enough my suitcase, Eric's suitcase, and my golf clubs are already on the track. SCORE! Head over to the rental terminal to get my rental with Hertz and get shafted about being under 25 even though I booked with a code waiving the fee. Oh well, wound up with a nice HHR with leather and a sunroof.

We then headed over to the MGM to check in and get everything squared away and our bags unpacked. Took a shower to get refreshed and decided to head over to Ellis Island to get some dinner and check the place out since Ive heard good things about it on vegas boards.

So let me tell you: I love Ellis Island! We put our names down on the list to be seated at the BBQ joint and went to play BJ in the meantime. Played about 5 hands at 5-10 bucks a hand and walked away with 20 bucks profit and headed to dinner. I ordered the combo bbq plate with ribs, chicken, beans, corn on the cob and garlic bread with a stout microbrew. Being from Texas and having eaten great bbq, this ranked right up there with some of the best: delicious tender ribs and chicken and awesome sauce. The stout beer was also some of the best Ive had. Best part was our 10 minute BJ session paid for it all! lol

Played some more BJ at EI and ended up turning a $50 buy-in into $125. Also of note: I ordered and recieved crown and cokes no problem and the BJ was 3:2 with great rules.

We then headed downtown to scout out some cheaper blackjack and that was a MISTAKE. I headed into Binions and bought in 70 bucks at 6:5 BJ table in the pit where the dealers dress like slutty urban cowgirls. Needless to say I had to take first seat and I HATE first seat at BJ tables. Anyways the other guys at the table were boring and dead and the dealer might have said two words the whole session. I quickly lost $35 and left that table after 4 hands. Downtown just isnt what I remembered from a couple years ago, it was empty and bums everywhere. We left and headed back to EI for one last BJ session. I bought in for $50 bucks and was determined to win back the $35 I lost downtown and then quit and leave. I hit a hot streak at the table and was up about $75 bucks and feeling confident and then it all went downhill. I had a major tilt happen and left the table down $50 bucks after the pit boss's drunk daughter showed up with her d-bag boyfriend and started critiqueing my BJ play and spilling drinks all over the table. I was pissed :grrr:

We headed back to the MGM to call it a night as it was nearly 4:30am and we were worn out from being up since 7am texas time. Counted my money and saw that I was only down 75 for the trip so far. Not bad. Hoover Dam and Final Four tomorrow to look forward to!

2. Carol1113

Carol1113 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a great first day.
    And Happy Birthday to you :beer:
    Hope the rest of your trip is just too much fun and lots of winnings--enjoy
    Carol

3. jfn111

jfn111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey...nothing wrong with the slutty dealers downtown.:poke:

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off to a good start; looking forward to the rest of the adventure!:eek:

5. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have all stayed past our win/loss limit especially at the boobjack tables. Consider it a right of passage. Welcome to the club!

Keep the updates coming.:beer:

6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your TR.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.