1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by spikeylee, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spikeylee

spikeylee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage? Thinking about going, but have a few questions. What's there to do? Check out dolphins and lions? Do they have shows with dolphins and lions at certain times? Is the dolphin habitat indoor or outdoor? Will it play a factor with weather if there are shows? How long does people usually take to go through the whole garden and habitat? Any info is appreciated. :licklips:

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are no scheduled shows, as they make it quite clear in your introduction that it is not an amusement park, but a sanctuary and training facility. You may see some "tricks", depending on what the trainers are doing when you visit. It is almost entirely outdoors, although there is an indoor section that allows you an underwater view of the dolphin pools. The animal area is somewhat small, and the animals are not caged but in their own individual areas. The pacing is entirely up to you. An hour seems a reasonable time to see everything.

3. spikeylee

spikeylee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info sammasseur! just wanted to see if it's worth going. seems interesting, most likely will check it out!

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could see everything in an hour, but you can also almost spend a whole day in there, depending on your level of interest. There were plenty of people hanging around the pools, talking to the handlers while we were there. We walked through the animals a few times and spent quite a bit of time just watching the dolphins.

That said, you could probably see the whole thing in 30 minutes if time was a concern but I'd recommend you take a little time to watch and enjoy the animals.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe I spent an hour or so there on one of my first trips to LV and found it enjoyable.

Jimbo338

6. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there about an hour and a half. Enjoyed it. Like others have said you could spend anywhere from 30 minutes to half a day there, just depending on how long you want to watch.

Last Trip of 2016 - Trip moved up 3 days
  7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful at the lion/tiger/large kitty habitat. Don't get up too close to the fence. If the kitty looks like he/she is angling their butt up against the fence...you gotta get way back. They can and will try to spray you with pee. (Don't ask me how I know :nono: I'm not kidding. Just be careful.)

8. spikeylee

spikeylee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha great info loladoggie. you must have got sprayed :thumbsup: anyways, seems like lots of people enjoyed their time here. Definitely going this saturday!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.