1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Second collapse at Heart Attack Grill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by sammasseur, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A woman this time. Was drinking booze and smoking then eating there. Happened Saturday night. Saw report on Fox 5 news while working out at El Cortrez gym this morning lol.

2. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't the Heart Attack Grill's fault that she was not exactly what I would call health conscious. One meal at the Heart Attack grill might give you serious indigestion, but it will not kill you. Something tells me that her normal diet was not too far off from the offerings at the Heart Attack Grill.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without a doubt. Worth noting that they have recently covered most of the windows. Too many gawkers? Or witnesses? LOL

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, but when you name your restaurant that you can expect some blowback when it happens. Even if you're just attracting the people who are already killing themselves with food, it makes your restaurant symbolic of the entire obesity epidemic.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree... I'm sure this happens at Burger King, Wal-Mart and even the library. Anywhere people congregate. But if you're "schtick" is Heart Attack Grill", you invite the scrutiny.

Can't run with you on the second part of your post though... a bit judgemental for me... I love a good greasy burger and just hate it when granola heads look down their nose.:Þ

7. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Burgers don't kill people, people who eat 1,500 calories at every meal kill people.

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, pretty bold/ironic statement from someone drinking a yard of beer.

9. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy::nworthy:

We as a society would be much better off if more people just practiced moderation. NO human needs to consume 1500 (or more) calories in a single sitting.

Even elite athletes (i.e., athletes with a body fat % in the low teens-high single digits who train at the Olympic level) usually take in calories by eating multiple (6-10) mini-meals per day, not three huge meals.

10. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always found the concept of that restaurant kinda stupid. Who takes pleasure in digesting a block of butter in a milkshake? Mandatory wearing of a hospital gown? Geez, that's fun! :rolleyes2: And the fact that the food isn't all that great seems a bit nuts to even dine there.

And from the reviews on the place, the owner is a bit of a tool. And it is cash only. I'll pass. I can get a greasy, pounds-packing burger that actually tastes good in a million different places in Vegas.

:soapbox:

11. steveorama

steveorama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd think they should put up one of those life insurance machines - like at the airport, in front of the restaurant. It would be a good money maker! :D

12. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Passed by last night and saw a family with a brood of really fat kids gorging inside. Nice...:ssst:

13. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i didn't get that nevyn was being judgmental at all. he was commenting on the current obesity epidemic, and it's not like there isn't one :rolleyes2:. i didn't think he was saying that people deserved heart attacks because they eat badly or that they're asking for it. sounded like he was just saying it's not surprising that people take more notice when someone suffers a heart attack while at a restaurant named after one. and it's no surprise that that type of restaurants attracts people who are in all likelihood more prone to a heart attack to begin with. i love horribly fattening greasy burgers and yummy cheese covered fries. but at the same time, i think it's ridiculous that most of the country is obese. you can like unhealthy food at the same that you think the obesity epidemic is horrible. as others have said, it's all about moderation.

14. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are different types of diets such as the Warrior diet that a daily fast is done and then the meal is consumed in a few hours in the evening. I've been a bit worried to try this although I'm huge in to nutrition (except when in Vegas :p)

15. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Society can be screwed up, upon reading the article I found that the meal was probably much more then 1,500 calories.

Also, to the poster talking about the gowns and theming, this basically justifies it for obese to eat bad. Hard to explain, but it is such a joke, and you are meant to over consume, but joking about it puts them in an atmosphere with people like them, and makes it easier to live in denial.

16. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree with this view ! Butter in a MILKSHAKE?? To me this place sounds like another overrated place in LV.

17. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food for thought....(pun intended)

I have eaten at the HAG in Arizona a few years ago - loved it. I had the quad and got wheeled out - and felt sick for 30 mins afterwards. Wife was not impressed, but understood. I told her it was like the marathon of eating, and the fact that I have also completed 6 marathons/half marathons in my day, I could get away with it.

Now - for those of you who think that this is disgusting, fair enough. But I am not a drinker, and I don't know how many all you can drink places there are in Vegas where people end up getting sick, into fights, into adulterous situations, or heaven forbid...behind a wheel.

Now it being America - free will is coveted. Which I completely agree with. Just as I don't really care if someone drinks their liver to expulsion or smokes their lungs out, there are those who believe it to be entertaining to gorge on burgers and fries.

I will visit HAG when I return to Vegas next - but will probably only get a double. The burgers are good!

Just thought there was a comparison there that should be mentioned....

18. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there is a lot of false information believed about obesity and health. Let's start with the facts. In June, Statistics Canada researchers did indeed publish a study in the journal Obesity based on a 12-year analysis of 11,326 Canadian adults in the National Population Health Survey. They found that subjects who were overweight (body mass index of 25 to 30) were 17 per cent less likely to die during the study period than those of normal weight (BMI of 18.5 to 25).

19. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BMI is such BS though. I have a high BMI but it's because I have muscle so it makes me heavier... but I see what you're saying...

20. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I not sure what I think about all of this. After reading the article I agree with the tongue-in-cheek mission statement: "Doctors agree that continually cycling body weight up and down is one of the very worst things a person can do to themselves.

My father was normal weight but had a heart attack at 32 and died young. I was always thin until I started dieting. I have a daughter that is 5'10 and 105 lbs (thin like I was) that never exercises, ever, eats no fruits or veggies and eats mostly sugar and red meat. Does her weight make her healthy? I am also 5' 10' and pushing 250. Other than when I am in Las Vegas I am always watching my diet. I eat at least 10 fruits and vegetables everyday and I exercise. I have studied nutrition for over 30 years. But knowledge does not make me thin. I now do not care what the scale says. I don't care that the rest of the world hates fat people and feels superior. I know that weight loss is a lot more complicated than even the experts know. I also know that I do not have to lose any weight to be healthy.

Earlier this year Dr Oz had Dr. Glenn Gaesser, PhD, the director of the Health Lifestyle Resource Center in Arizona on his show. He said "If you want to make Americans fatter, put them on a diet. He also says there is no obesity epidemic. He says you can be fat and fit. Weight is no predictor to health. The show is on line. Tell me what you think? http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/can-you-be-fat-and-fit-pt-1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.