1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seafood Restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kinkette, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can give me a few suggestions on restaurants that have good seafood options. Nothing too fancy or stuffy - just good quality food (i.e., shellfish, halibut, salmon, etc). I'm wanting to say within a price range of about $25-35/per person.

We are renting a car so off-strip is ok.

Thanks!

1st time @ The Bellagio!!! Yay me :)
  2. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few that come to mind.

Todd Clare is owner/chef of Todd's Unique and he is very good with seafood. On weekends he has seasonal fresh fish flown. Prices are moderate and include sides. His restaurant is perennially on the various best of lists. On Wednesday, there is no corkage charge so that is
    when we usually dine there. You can us OpenTable to make a reservation.

Crab Corner is a Baltimore style crab house that flies in fresh blue crabs from Maryland in season. I suspect right now they are offering
    crabs for Texas or other southern states. On Thursdays, medium size male crabs are just $3 each as are any beer in the cooler.

Buzios at the Rio is a seafood house and there is currently a Groupon available. We had very nice dinner back in October so I
    will likely be returning sooner rather than later.

Lola's - A Louisiana Kitchen is also price friendly. I had a fantastic entree of bronzed catfish and grits (under $17) last year and we will dining there again later this month. There are a lot of other seafood options on the menu. In season, a weekend or at Friday night crawfish boil
    is available. The restaurant is very small but there is a patio. She has done so well that a 2nd location will be opening up in April.

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buzio s with a qualifier. I was there YEARS back. Food was great but place was EXTREMELY noisy .. to the point where my guest could HARDLY hear me talk ( and I have a BIG MOUTH LOL!). Maybe that problem has been taken care of..

4. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Estario Milos at The Cosmopolitan is usually sadly forgotten in these discussions, pity because it's a great place that likely has the town's best lunch deal.

5. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree. The $22.14 3-course lunch is an exceptional deal. Seafood appetizer options include a diver scallop skewer, fresh Maryland crab cake ($10 supplement) or grilled octopus ($10 supplement). There are several seafood options for entrees including Honjake salmon or lavraki (branzini) that were both excellent.

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/pdf/menu/12.12.13.LUNCH%20MENU.pdf

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buzios with a Groupon is pretty good. Without it's not really a good value for what you pay. And yes it's very noisy but not so much if you go a bit later. They tend to fill up right away when they open but then things quiet down a bit.

Also, make a reservation and sit at a regular table. The first time there we didn't have a reservation and ate at the bar. The bar is overlooking the chefs. Watching them do their thing is kind of cool BUT the chefs also wait on you, even cocktails. That sucked. We had a guy near the end of the line that did desserts, salads and some other things. But service was slow. He took our drink order. Then had to walk over to the bar to get it and bring it back to us. Another cook took our order. It was hard to get a second drink because they were so busy. Better service at a regular table.

They are not open for lunch, only dinner.

7. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one ever talks about Bahama Breeze on this board but I am going to suggest it. It is a chain (owned by Darden) but we always go here when we are in Vegas. It is just a few blocks off of the strip -- on Flamingo Rd. We have always had great fish and fantastic service when going there. Reasonable prices.

8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried Buzios about 2-3 years ago....we will NEVER go back......

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.