1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seafood buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by cymbals, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So where is the best seafood buffet? And not on the weekend. We fly into Vegas this Tues., and we'll be going to the canyon for the weekend. Then back to Vegas next Sunday.

2. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Fremont I think they have Sunday friday and tuesday
    seafood or at least used too. Check the website before to confirm it.

3. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont seafood nights are now only Tuesdays/Fridays. I would not consider it the best, but probably not bad for the price.

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am more inclined to go to a high end buffy an just pound the seafood.

5. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree. Something like Wynn or Bellagio, while not seafood only, will likely give you better seafood than most other options.

6. marillo

marillo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about Makino or Todai ???

7. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard B had a great one but I also heard they removed the king crabs legs...booo

8. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Las Vegas is not a seafood buffet destination. By the nature of how foods are prepped and held, every seafood buffet I've been in Vegas has over-cooked product. For something like a medium-rare prime rib roast or a pan of potatoes, no problem. For more delicate items like seafood - big problem.
    I don't see this problem ever going away either, unless buffets start to looking at seafood differently than other food items.
    Stick with the option espoused by a couple of previous posters - go high end buffet instead.
    Someone else mentioned Makino or Todai - though buffets, they are more sushi places than seafood buffets. In my book, there's a big difference between the two.

9. kkorner22

kkorner22 Newbie

I liked the buffet better at Planet Hollywood than the Wynn for seafood, you can get hot crab where as the Wynn you have to ask for them to heat it up. Guess it depends what type of seafood you are looking for.

10. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is fremonts buffet worth trying? I've never been cuz I always heard it was similar to the one on Vegas vacation lol... But I'm always looking for more options downtown!

11. rayout

rayout Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Coast Ports O' Call buffet has a Friday night seafood buffet at $18. If you go to the kiosk and get a coupon there is a promotion for 50% off if you get 10 points (10 points=$10 play through their slot machines) which is a pretty awesome deal.

12. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The price of the seafood buffet has gone slightly up to about 20 dollars. It is not a great bargain and I would prefer the seafood at Makinos. If you are interested in the buffet only, my choice would be the buffet at MSS. It would be a good bargain using the 2-1 FSE coupon. The coupon cannot be used during Seafood nights at both hotels. The food is okay for me at both locations.

13. VegasKing

VegasKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Rio has a seafood buffet that is supposedly really good. Also, Aria's buffet gives you a lobster tail (can order as many as you like) with your buffet.

14. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trust me its overrated. As I stated before go to a top end buffy and pound the seafood.

15. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Buffet was pretty good. It's the only buffet that I've been to in Vegas (first time here). It was resonably priced with what I thought was a good selection of foods, with a good amount of seafood. But again I don't have anything to compare it to. My mistake was the fried chicken, it was really good but fried foods don't agree with me and I paid the price.

16. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the money Fremont is worth it for seafood night only
    As a local I have cut my fingers many times breaking crab
    trust me it ruins the appetite and the whole night really
    Thats my main reason for liking Fremont seafood buffet
    You just pull and eat simple stuff :nworthy:

17. mgm73

mgm73 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Palms has hot & cold crab legs on their buffet every night and they are good. If you have a Palms players card you get a big discount. I think right now the dinner price with players card is $13.99 plus tax. They also have sushi and normal buffet things. The crab legs have a good taste to them. I'm a local who goes there every couple months.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.