1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SDX 3 day bus pass questions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by carolineno, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, looked on the website but couldn't find and answer to my questions. I want to buy one of those 3 day passes for the Deuce, but I'm hoping that pass works for the WAX bus too. Basically I am trying to avoid starting my trip with an argument about long-hauling, on top of being naturally cheap. From what I gather, they implication is that this 3 day pass isn't sold at all the machines. Here are my questions

~Does the SDX/Deuce 3 day pass work on the WAX bus?
    ~Can I buy a 3 day pass on the WAX bus? Or at a machine near the bus stop at the airport?
    ~If I can't buy a 3 day SDX pass at the airport station, where can I buy one near the Linq?

Seems like a lot of hassle, but once I get that pass I will be all set! Strat freeplay here I come! Thanks in advance.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 day pass is good on all routes including residential. Can buy at airport, not on WAX. Wax doesn't go to strat or linq. SDX/Deuce stop is in front of Strat. I would get an uber/lyft code and get an almost free ride from airport, then get bus pass when at strat. If you want a bus route from airport to linq or strat, just enter from and to at bottom of rtcsnv.com page. It will take 2 buses and that is why I suggest uber/lyft, especially if you have luggage

3. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I just want to get to mgm, then make my way to the Linq slowly. Almost no luggage. Mostly staying put, but 1 trip to Aria & back, Strat & back, with the option of other rando trips. Mostly i just want to be able hop on & off with ease at odd hours, & without planning, so the bus seemed best. Thanks again!

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WAX stops near MGM at Koval. A little walk, but not too bad depending on time. Still I would suggest uber/lyft with a free ride code

5. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Geogran

Geogran Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your trip wasn't so close you could have ordered them online and they would have mailed them to you. We've done that a few times. Just a heads up for next time.
    However, if you won't be using the bus a lot your first few days your better off just paying the $2 for the WAX and activating the 3-day pass later. We usually don't venture out too far our first few ways once we reach the hotel.

Always seems so far away............
    Second stop for the trip...
  8. Pbear71

Pbear71 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can just pay the $2 cash on the WAX bus correct? You don't need a pass first right?

9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep. exact change

10. Pbear71

Pbear71 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks eaglejohn!

11. mona

mona Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get a 3 day pass at the stop my the M&M store next to MGM, that's where I usually get mine as I stay in that area. Only certain bus stops have the machines to buy passes.

12. catman

catman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The WAX also stops at NYNY at LV Blvd going towards Downtown.

13. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK thanks everyone. I might use the Uber for the Strat visit - my brother will be joining me and he will appreciate it more that the bus! Will still likely get a bus pass too - I never quite recovered from hoofing it from the Venetian to Aria after being up over 24 hours, For some reason a cab did not occur to me even though I was winning for the night LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.