1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Scottish golfer seeking course suggestions!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Tuggy79, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, I am coming over from Scotland in October for a week and am looking for a course to play near Vegas (I don't want to travel too far).

I am happy to pay $100-$150 for the round. Any suggestions?

I tried to PM Ken the resident golf guru but I'm not sure if it worked!

Thanks

2. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Note first you WILL need to have transportation to any course in your price range except for LV National, which is not worth the effort and one should play a desert course while visiting the desert from where you come from no?
    Any course you choose, with the just about the only exception being the 3 Paiute tracks, may still be closed for winter overseed of ryegrass. Check to see. Paiute doesn't have to do that.
    Paiute Snow Mountain may be close to $150, go there if you can.
    Others you may want to look at are Primm Desert or Badlands or Boulder Creek (not Boulder City).
    Good luck.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Got it. Just sent a reply. Per usual, malibu and I touched much of the same ground.

4. vegasvette

vegasvette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly recommend calling Sterling Golf Services. I've had Steve make arrangements for me for groups of 2-16. I trust his recommendations, plus, he'll never book you on a course that is undergoing maintenance. They're services are free.

www.sterlinggolfservices.com

5. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help guys.

Malibu, I think you are right about the desert track. I live about 6 miles from Carnoustie, 12 miles from St Andrews so I'm blessed with the courses I have on my doorstep. But it would be good to play something completely different from my norm.

Ken, thanks for the help and the PM. Much appreciated.

I had a look at Snow Mountain and it looks amazing. I am just travelling to Vegas with myself and the wife, so I would just be turning up on my own as she doesn't like golf. I will try and join on with someone or email ahead and see if the starter can arrange something for me.

My first visit to Vegas too so can't wait for it all!!

Thanks again....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.