1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Scored a sky suite! Almost got hosed...

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by mckevin32, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

Dec 30, 2005
    Made my reservation weeks ago for the one night we were going to be in Las Vegas this trip and chose Aria to end the trip nicely (10 days, mostly in Cal.). Anyway, when we went to check in I gave the lady my name and mentioned that it was a free night from myvegas, she said "I see that, congratulations". and went on to say that they didn't have my king room, so she bumped me to a queen skysuite! I'll take it!

We headed for the airport at 6AM, so we were already at the gate when I checked out via the link they e-mailed me. Imagine my surprise when I saw the folio showing that my free room billed out over $200! Called playstudios and was told that the room was free and not to worry about it. My card showed a pending charge of almost $350, so I was indeed very worried about it. After more argument from him, he finally transferred me to Arias agent to reassure me that everything was fine. Well, everything wasn't fine. Aria had indeed charged me over $200 including room, taxes, and resort fee. Thankfully he promptly and cheerfully credited all of the charges except the resort fee and emailed me a corrected folio.

I guess "Trust, but verify" lol.
  2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Jan 13, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in the Aria Sky Suites several times and it is one of my favorite rooms in Vegas! That was really a great score via MyVegas!! What you might not realize is that a Sky Suite stay normally includes limo transportation to and from the airport - the next time that happens, it couldn't hurt to ask about the complimentary limo back to the airport. if you are getting bumped up to a Sky Suite, it should include all the Sky Suite amenities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.