1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Scoot city tours

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by nursepower, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any one done this? It's a scooter tour through red rock canyon. Looks fun, but I can't find any coupons for it.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep an eye on Groupon- They seem to have a discount for those tours every 5-6 weeks.

3. tkriger

tkriger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done it twice (to take 2 different groups of friends). Its a good trip, and a great way to spend half a day off the strip. I would look for a discount though, as it is a little pricey.

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was "okay." We saw no wildlife and therefore just a bunch of rocks (what you really go there for anyways). Not much time to rock climb or explore away from the group.

The scooters are a little difficult to drive but nonetheless fun. You definitely feel like you could easily lose control.

If you found a deal on it... that would be ideal. You also stop at a quickie mart on the way back and can pick up beer and such off the strip cheaper.

One other thing... we were at the Mirage and they picked us up last... and they were about 15 minutes late and not very responsive to texts. They did eventually show up and everything was great after that.

5. kevgret

kevgret Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this with a $125 groupon about 18 months ago. We had a blast... we were picked up at our hotel (PH) and taken to the depot where the scooters are housed. We were offered Hot Chocolate or Coffee (the day we went it was a little cold). After a quick lesson on how to drive the scooter we were off to the canyon. It was a little weird driving on the Vegas roads with the scooter but it sure was fun..

Once you're in the canyon your "guide" just takes you around the various lookout points in the canyon. You don't get to do or see anything that you couldn't do on your own. The guide we had didn't know too much about the canyon either so don't expect a big history lesson on each stop of the tour.

We were the only people on the tour that day so we were able to take as much time as we needed at each stop. Our guide was really cool and took a bunch of pictures of us at each stop.

We had a blast driving the scooters around the canyon and would definitely suggest this as a way to get off the strip for the day. The $125 groupon for two is definitely the way to go.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a word of caution, we bought one half off on Groupon. We had some unexpected drama on our trip (we arrived on the morning of the now infamous strip shooting in Feb.) and some poor weather. The tour was scheduled on the last day of our trip. We decided to cancel w 5 days notice and just figured we would use the Groupon on our summer trip.

I didnt read the fine print and cancelled via email, I was sent a reply email that due to being inside the 7 day cancellation period we forfeitted our Groupon. I would never have assumed a group tour in Feb. that wasnt even close to filled would be this stiff with cancellations. I understand the need for policy, but 7 days seems a bit extreme.

My point is if you get to LV and there is a change of plans, odd weather whatever, you wont be able to cancel or change.

7. twochip

twochip Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this last June and it was worth the Groupon price. My wife really enjoyed it and the guides were entertaining. We had a little drama on the trip when a motorcyclist attempted to pass the line of scooters in the park flipped over the handlebars directly in front of my scooter. We did catch the accident on video.

I was able to book directly with Scoot City by telephone and the get the Groupon rate without having to actually purchase the Groupon. I would recommend trying the same.

8. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The narcissist in me would like to see that video. :)

9. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Narcissist? I think you mean shadenfreude.

10. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    undathesea...I have no idea what either meant. I was going for something of the it's not morally right to want to see that, yet I do.

twochip...I called and maybe had the wrong wording. The best they could do is advise me to purchase the tour to guarantee time and date, but if a coupon comes out I can call and they will honor that price.

Not sure I want to spend $250 for this thing.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.