1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

School bus driving jobs

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by Ramboman22, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramboman22

Ramboman22 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering how hard it is to get a school bus driving job in the Las Vegas area? I have 15 yrs experience and am drug free. Also, what is the pay and does the job offer health insurance? ty for any information

2. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I left Vegas before the economic meltdown, so I'm not sure about today. Back in those days they were building new schools so fast that with or without experience, with or without a drug problem, they probably would have hired you on the spot. Good luck with your search.

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    delete post

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  4. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

My friend worked for Clark county for a few years. They started at $17/hr. Full time was 30 hours with benefits. Nine month gig. I don't think they hire full time anymore, mostly on call. You need a clean driving record and pass drug test and background check.

When my mom first relocated to Pahrump she worked for Nye county. She had experience in IL and was hired right away. She couldn't make it on the wage/hours though and sought a limo job in Vegas instead, and then went to shuttle driving for a timeshare.

5. Ramboman22

Ramboman22 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ty for the info on bus driving

Ty Vegasbound I appreciate the info. I would be fine with 30 hours a week and benefits. Anything in the $17 an hour range is good too. I would be looking to work maybe 5 y rs till I can collect Social Security. thanks again

6. JAMES WILSON

JAMES WILSON Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    driver

im retired and moving to vegas also have cdl and I always see driving jobs if not for bus driver then shuttle driver check craigs list under las vegas driving jobs with a cdl you can get a job anywhere im looking for some thing no more than 3 days a week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.