1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Scarpetta for after ceremony dinner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by GawdyGypsy, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all once again,
    I was wondering if anyone has been to Scarpetta and was wondering what your thoughts were. I'm considering having dinner here after my Vegas ceremony. Thanks again!

2. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I haven't been recently but I've had an enjoyable meal there. Nice views at tables along the windows, semi private dining for groups. It's not my favorite place for Italian and it's a bit pricey, but it's very good. The signature spaghetti didn't woo me, but I really enjoyed the duck ravioli.

3. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off thanks very much for the info. I wanted to feel everyone out about how they liked it.
    Do you have a more reasonably priced Italian place you'd recommend?

4. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an amazing experience at Scarpetta. I can attest to the duck ravioli as well it is really good. As the other poster mentioned, good views of the fountains by the window. I plan on returning.

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Scarpetta and I've eaten there twice within the last year. Personally, I think the prices are reasonable and the quality of food is excellent. I think the service and ambiance are great as well.

My friend, who is quite the Italian cook and trained in Italy, has said that it's very good as well... which is quite the compliment coming from someone who is very critical of Italian food.

The spaghetti is definitely the best plate of spaghetti I've ever eaten... but he goes to great lengths to prepare it in a very unique and time consuming way that other chefs probably wouldn't bother doing. The first time we went, our table of four split two of them as an appetizer and one of the people in our group decided to get it for dinner as well.

The short rib, bone marrow pasta is probably the greatest thing on their menu. It's melt-in-your-mouth good. I had the halibut once and while I wouldn't order it again, it was a good meal.

6. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic thank you all so much I feel very good about this choice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.