1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Saturday Strip Brunch?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TommyToledo, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is the best Saturday brunch on the strip? Could be buffet or not. I wanted to do the Sterling but that's only available Sunday so looking at all options.

2. RileyP

RileyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been here yet, but Border Grill (Mexican) at Mandalay Bay has an unlimited small plate brunch where you order off of a special menu, as many times as you care to, and the plates are brought to you.

It is $34.99 and unlimited mimosas is an extra $8.00. I did receive a buy one get one free meal coupon when I signed up for the fan club, but I'm not sure if I can use it for the brunch. You can make a reservation right on their site as well.

It has gotten very good reviews on tripadvisor and yelp, for what they are worth ...

3. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! That place looks tremendous.

4. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Mirage Cravings Buffet with unlimited champagne on Saturday July 13, 2013. I want to say $39.99 + tax and auto gratuity since we had a group of 16. 5 minute wait to sit us all together.

Very good spread for the group. went from eggs, to pizza to shrimp, etc. I am not an expert on Vegas buffetts but it did the job and the girls champagne glasses, some made into mimosas, were constantly full. They were happy, so the guys were happy.

5. RodneyK

RodneyK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been to Border Grill for the brunch. It was very good.

6. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I talked 11 other people into going with me to brunch buffet at Border Grill because of all the praise the place gets. We all thought it was one of the most disappointing meals we've ever had (we're all people who love to eat). While it seems like a great deal, very few items tasted of restaurant quality. And almost every single dish comes with an over easy egg, which sounds awesome, but a person really can't eat that many eggs before getting sick of that taste.

Of all the items on the menu, these were the ones I deemed "Restaurant caliber":
    -Shrimp and Grits
    -Skirt steak and eggs
    -Bread pudding french toast <--most impressive item on the menu
    -Fig and blue cheese quesadilla

Everything else we ordered (we tried the entire menu) fell flat. Flavors were pretty muddled and really not worthy of being a dish. In the end, we each spent around $50 after tax and tip. This experience still gets brought up as one of our most disappointing meals.

I would stick to the three special Sunday brunch buffets:
    MOzen Bistro
    Jazz Brunch at Wynn's Country Club
    Sterling Brunch at Bally's

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.