1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by GREGRIO, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

GREGRIO Tourist

Oct 15, 2004
    Oakland, California
    This House Of Blues gig Santana has going, is very cool!
    It's a much smaller venue than his last residency was in the Hard Rock's JOINT.

For this Show, he's requested the floor...which many times is General Admission
    and standing room only...be set with table seating.
    The HOB has lots of various levels and areas to choose from. I chose the BALCONY
    which offers great views and sound.

Carlos played a good 2 hour Show. You'll hear many of 'the hits'.
    I know the crowd my night added to the energy and longer than normal Show.
    (at least, so said the 'elevator guy' when I left...)
    They were so into it...it fed the band, and they just played and played!

After the last number, Santana thanked the audience and said good night...(right)
    The crowd wouldn't have it and kept 'chanting' them back!

REMEMBER in the movie WOODSTOCK...? Before Santana came on...?
    The crowd was chanting..."Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Oho Oh, Oh...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Oho Oh, Oh!
    Then the sounds of the conga drums came drifting through the chant...
    Well, that's what it was like my night.

As the House Of Blues audience clapped and chanted, they lit the video screen above the stage
    with that scene from WOODSTOCK.
    The band slowly came back on stage and played along with the soundtrack until it was time
    for Carlos' opening guitar rif..............BOOM!!!...the congas pounded and Carlos hit the opening
    notes of SOUL SACRIFICE!...the house went crazy to say the least, it was very, very cool.

That night, the audience felt the words of 'Wavy Gravy' again..."we must be in heaven man!" lol.

His Shows come 'n go.
    Call Mandalay Bay 1.877.632.7800, ask for the House Of Blues and info.

The BALCONY is a great place to sit, but try to avoid the first 3 rows. There's a guardrail in your view
    which sorta gets in the way. (not enough for my ZZ TOP seat next month though, lol)
    My Santana tic was a hundred and fifty bucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.