1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sam's Town & MSS (trip 23)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Ty, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is some serious coin in! Congrats on the royal.... it's a beaut. Thanks for the MSS suite pictures, too. Sounds like a damn good trip despite being down a little.

2. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice info and pix! How did you get your Oakridge Boys tix? I get all the concerts listed from GN, but don't know how it works. Just go to their show desk in the lobby? Thanks!

3. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Photos - thanks for sharing with us!!

4. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always love the pictorial TR! Thank you for that. Nice hit on the RF and if you had $63 in bonus cards at MSS, that means you had a bunch of 4oaks! Nice!! BTW, what was the name of the drink Oleg made you?

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This last trip definitely gave me the impression that Sams Town is cutting back on many fronts!

6. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, everything except billboards all around town.

I think every other one I saw were for The Angry Butcher or Lee's Discount Liquor.

Those crazy bastards are funny. I especially like the one that says something like "I didn't drunk text you, vodka did."

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always book online, then pick up the tickets at GN. IMO it's affordable, we paid about $80 each with the fees included. When booking online you can see the seat location before you purchase. You cannot 'pick' your seats, but tells you the row and seat number you are buying. You do pick the price category. We usually get one notch down from the best.
    http://www.goldennugget.com/lasvegas/show_52fridays.asp

October 28th is Loverboy. "Turn me loose"

I was told to ask him for the Bellagio cocktail. He knew immediately what I wanted.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  8. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing and the pics, we'll be arriving at Sam's at the end of the week.

9. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last week, and couldn't believe they were Boyd property! I was embarrassed for their pay tables!

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually he ran a little behind on quads, if all the play was dollars. Even worse if some of the play was 25c and 50c :(

At least the Royal bailed him out...that's technically a straight flush too Ty! :p

And hearing about these downgrades, now I wish I went to Sam's Town to recheck the bartops. But no one had great motivation to drive out there. Future paytable updates will be welcome. 8/5 JoB progressive for dollars as @zignerlv says sounds pretty bad though.

Nice report, Ty!

11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just happy one pays a bit better.
    Cheers.

12. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow..I didn't even know that MSS had rooms that nice!

Congrats on the dollar Royal!
    Nice that you got to meet up with Turtleman.

That drink at Boar's head looks yummy.

13. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report Ty. It sounds like you guys had a great trip. It's always nice to start with a royal to take the pressure off!

I loved all your pics and am looking forward to trying out the Angry Butcher. Have they started doing anything to the space vacated by Billy Bob's?

We really need to try the Second Street Grill one time. We rarely go in to the Fremont so never think about it but that plate of crab looks tempting. Is it served hot? And where the heck is SS Grill? We went to the buffet a couple trips back but I can't recall seeing SS Grill in our travels. We must have missed it somehow.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is supposed to be a BBQ place coming to where Billy Bob's was.

15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, nice pics. Guess that's how the rich downtown people live. Did you ask and pay for a suite or did you use the $20 trick or did you just ask and they gave you a suite? Pretty good, they even give you crown, captain Morgan and Smirnoff (just kidding), my type of place to stay at.

BTW, the wall safes with the keys are usually standard at the Cal (and I think MSS). They say only 1 key so if you lose the key they charge you $35 or something to open the safe.

16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We found out about SS Grill one trip when we asked the MSS host for a comp to RedWood and it was closed that night. She sent us to SS Grill. I not too familiar with the inside of Fremont but it's behind and to the right of the bar that is near the players club. The entrance just kinda blends in with the wall. The crab legs were warm, I hope to have them again during our Christmas trip. If I don't have a comp I would use points. It doesn't seem as busy as RedWood so I believe the servers are more attentive.

According to LV Advisor Big Mess BBQ opened on 05 Sep.
    edit to add menu, http://www.samstownlv.com/dine/big-mess-bar-bq/menu

We just happened to get it, did not ask. Its supposed to be one of the Emerald perks, if available, wife has Emerald card. I'm good with the king rooms so I don't know how much I'd be willing to pay for it. It was nice having the elevator literally at our door.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  17. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, the LVA later posted a retraction, that it was not yet open. Someone must have found the link before they were ready to announce the opening. If you look at Sam's website under dining, you will see that the BBQ place is not listed. They put the link to Angry Butcher up within 48 hours of the opening of that place, so I expect they will do the same once the BBQ place opens.

http://www.samstownlv.com/dine

18. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good catch.

19. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info Ty, thanks. I have a general idea now and will search it out. I've seen some other pics posted on here and it looks pretty good. Funny thing is, we did go there one time to search for it. But Vegas being Vegas, we must have started gambling and forgot what we went there for.

I checked out the link you posted for the Big Mess BBQ at Sam's. While not my kind of food, I bet it does well there. I think it's a good partner with their other restaurants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.