1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Same reward multiple times--new batch??

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Willy, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased the Monte Carlo $50 credit today. I used the same reward back in January. I know that as long as its a new batch you can purchase again. Can anyone confirm for sure that if the game lets me purchase the reward, I am good to go? It's hard to keep track of when they have added new batches to the rewards. I just don't want to get to Vegas and find that I can't redeem the credit.
    Thanks

2. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be good. I tried to purchase a show once that I had purchased in the past, and it gave me the message that I had already purchased it. -- It would not let me complete the purchase.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  3. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

4. zignerlv

zignerlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep seeing this term "new batch" and each time I see it, I post this information to it.

So far, no one has ever convinced me there is such thing as a "batch". This idea that there are batches of a certain reward, and when they run out, they create a new batch that lets you reedm the award again.

Instead, THIS is what I see. There is no batch. If an award changes the price (in points) or the terms of the award change significantly, it becomes a different award in the eyes of MyVegas. Then you will be able to redeem the award again, as to MyVegas it is a different reward. Since MyVegas inflation keeps upping the LP price of the awards, most rewards can be booked more than once over a time period, as prices rise. People are able to book the same reward after the price increase. People might ASSUME that this is a new "batch" they are getting. It's not. It's a different reward in MyVegas' eyes.

If you look in the terms and conditions in myvegas, there is nothing other than saying you can redeem an award once. There is no discussion of batches.

If you claim this is wrong, go back into your award history, and see the the LP amount for the award has changed in your prior version of the reward.

I wish people would stop using this "batch" talk. (not blaming the OP, you are just quoting what you read elsewhere. It's those sources that need to be corrected)

5. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    zignerly - I think your analysis/explanation makes sense. But, FWIW I can confirm that there is one small reward that I have purchased and redeemed twice on different previous trips and was able to purchase again for my upcoming trip. It is just a 10,000 LP reward but that has been the price each time I purchased it. Not sure what other "terms" could have changed on this one. While I don't know about "batches" I do think at least for the smaller rewards the system gets "reset" at some interval so that you can buy them again. For those things I think all they are really trying to do is keep people from buying them multiple times on the same trip. If they want to get the same thing one time each on two different trips a year apart I don't think they care.

6. zignerlv

zignerlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hiusker, I have a couple of rewards that I have redeemed 1 year+ ago, that will not allow me to redeem another. Since the award history does not show the amount of points needed in the old rewards, I don't think most people have the information to refute my observation. I am not saying you are wrong, just that I have yet to see any real proof of a "batch" existing.

Right in the award, most say, "This reward is limited to one per myvegas player". Not per batch, not per year, per player. This is very clear. Are there any other myvegas terms that are spelled out that people find aren't really enforced? Then why would this rule be an exception?

There ARE some awards that are spelled out can be redeemed more than once. I am not talking about those, and those would have no reason to have a batch concept for them.

As I said, because of inflation, most awards have a higher LP requirement than a year ago, and/or now require a hotel stay (term and condition change). In the eyes of MyVegas, these are different awards. Redeeming the award again after these changes gives the impression of a "new batch", but I say, that is not the case, it's a different award.

7. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I've never seen someone so upset with the word "batch" Lol. Makes no difference to me what we call it. All I want to know is whether the game will stop you from making the purchase or not. Reward history doesn't list what you paid for the reward previously, so its tough to know if there is a new "update" to the reward or not.

8. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep track of my redemptions in a spreadsheet so I do know it was the same number of LP's for this one each time. It is also a reward that does have the "1 per player" language in the terms. Maybe some other "terms" changed for this one but I am not sure what they would be as there are no stay requirements or other conditions to this one (the Jean Phillipe free pastry at Aria). All I know is I was able to buy and redeem that reward more than once. I tried that because of reading people talk about this "batch" concept so I thought I would try and at least in my case it worked for that reward on trips a year apart. I can think of one other one I tried buying a second time and it would not allow me to do so at least at the time I tried it but there was only a couple months between those trips. That is a reward that is no long available so I can't try it again (it was the Aria 5/50 pizza slice one - which was actually a good deal). Again - my example is only for a small item reward and I think your analysis is quite possibly correct if you are talking about the room, show or free buffet rewards that involve significantly more LP's.

9. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today I was able to again purchase the cocktail at Sensi/Bellagio reward. I purchased it twice in the past. The third time I was shut down. Decided for the heck of it to try it today, for August, and it worked! Another ginger grant for me! :woohoo: If I get shut down at the MLife desk, no big deal.

10. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the MC $50 food credit twice. Once before they required the room stay, and once afterwards. The room stay requirement must have been enough to qualify it as a different, or changed, reward.

11. Willy

Willy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I should be good to go this trip. Can't wait!!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.