1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Samba Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kathski, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathski

kathski Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband likes Brazilian Steak Houses. Is Samba good? Since we are staying at Mirage thinking about it. Thank you.

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao are better Fogo is about 2 miles from Mirage and Texas is at Town Square , They are legit Brazilian steakhouse , go to Texas
    de Brazil.com so you can see all the cuts and things they have its awesome.

3. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second this 100%. Went to Samba 3 years ago and was thoroughly unimpressed. Meats, service, atmosphere all well below par.

Texas de Brazil is top notch and a few classes above Samba.

Even if you are a big Brazilian Steakhouse fan, I think you are better off either doing TDB or just going to a different restaurant in or near the mirage.

4. Saaz

Saaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you compare it to Fogo, you may be disappointed. Samba was good, just not as good as Fogo.

5. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll concur with the above statements. When I lived in Chicago, I ate at Fogo De Chao, TDB, and Brazazz and all are pretty damn good Brazilian Steakhouses. I ate at Samba on my last trip to Vegas and it doesn't even come close to holding a candle to any of the above mentioned restaurants. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't that great comparitively speaking. That being said, if you're just looking for something convenient and you're staying at the Mirage, it's not bad.

If you're looking for a really good Brazilian steakhouse experience just get in a cab to one of the above. I haven't ate at any of the Vegas locations for them, so I'm not sure how pricing compares, but Samba was about what TDB, Fogo, and Brazzaz were in Chicago.

6. jhpa

jhpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No

OK - I understand I need to use at least 8 characters.

No no no no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.