1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

safety at night?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by yooperguy, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering if its safe at night around the Smith Center. Going to see "Wicked" opening night in October, staying downtown. Looks a little barren between the two, dare I walk it? Or catch a cab for the tree block trek?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Smith Center seats a little over 2,000 people... I would expect there will be a few people who are attending the same show that are parked somewhere at one of the Fremont Street properties (either having gone there before the show for dinner or planning to go there after the show for late dinner, drinks, gambling, etc) so you should be able to walk amongst a group of people if it doesn't look that safe to you.

3. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a walkway over the railroad tracks from Smith Center to the city parking garage. Your biggest issue is the 3 blocks from the parking garage to The Plaza along a still sketchy part of main street.

And no, most locals (the main Smith Center draw) do NOT park on Fremont Street to attend a show. They park at Smith Center or in the city garage.

I'd eat the cab fare.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.