1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rx Boiler Room -- anyone been yet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by 44inarow, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it just opened on Friday, but I'm beyond excited for this place. Menu and drinks look great, but I'm curious if anyone's actually tried it out.

2. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also very interested in this, I am a big fan of Rick's food. Has anyone been there yet? It looks like a must eat for our trip in October, just wondering.

3. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Copied from my last trip report.....

It is worth going to. I ordered only off the dips and bites menu. Everything I had was great. The dishes are smaller. I ordered three items and was full by the end. If you had 2 people you could probably try 4-5 things.

The cocktails were more like science projects. I had a cherry infused bourbon cocktail (can't remember the name) where the bourbon was actually infused with cherry smoke from a machine. Pretty crazy to watch.

You have to try the Bacon wrapped Bacon-n-Egg. It is amazing. It starts with a small cracker that has a guacamole puree and a tomato jelly on top of that is a thicker cut of ham bacon with a sunny side up quail egg on top. Then the ham bacon is wrapped with a standard piece of bacon. It comes with three on plate. It was incredible.

On my next trip (August) I plan on trying some other items deeper into the menu. The cocktail/beer menu is given to you on an IPAD when you walk in. While I was there Rick Moonen went to every guest and talked about the menu and concept gathering feedback. He said that the cocktail menu and food menu would change at least twice a year. Kind of a summer and winter menu.

4. egelston2

egelston2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going in about four weeks. I will give review. Love Rick's food.

5. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be there in August 9-11 with the wife. We are planning on going back with friends. I will make sure to take some pictures and will write a more detailed review.

6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heard about this and it looks awesome. It's on our list of to-do's for this trip.

7. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. Rick's food is terrific. Usually comes around and greets his guests. Nice to have a celebrity chef actually work at their restaurants in vegas rather than just supply their names and cookbooks.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, despite having it at the top of my list (especially after fireguye8's experience), I didn't make it this trip, mostly due to the bachelor party I was there for not wanting to do anything particularly interesting. I should be back in town in a couple months and am hoping to check it out then.

On an unrelated note, I did wind up at Michael Mina Pub 1842, and it was fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.