1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Route for Limo - Airport to Harrah's via the Strip + stop

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by savage810, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping someone can steer me right or tell me it can't be done in the hour we booked. We have a Presidential limo picking us up on Friday night to take us from the airport to Harrah's. Ideally, what I would like to do is make a quick stop at a convenience store (water, snacks, libations), then take the Strip to Harrah's starting south of Mandalay Bay. No checked luggage so we should make it to limo quick.

The reason I am asking is I attempted something similar years ago and basically they took me to what they thought was the "cheapest" convenience store which ended up being mid-Strip, so we missed most of the south strip.

:beer:

2. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .....sabotaged by someone starting a thread 20 minutes later with nearly the same title. Well, I think I figured it out. Head up to Tropicana, stop by the Rebel, head down to MB.

3. starlight0229

starlight0229 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you ask to drive by the Vegas sign that will also get you a ride up the strip from the south end.

We did presidential from the airport with checked bags and made a stop at the sign at made it Monte Carlo with no problem. As long as you don't dawdle at the convenience store you shouldn't have an issue.

4. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friends actually checked bags, so I didn't end up making a big deal of it. I asked to go to a convenience store, then up the strip. The driver took us to a place on Tropicana between Motel 6 and Hooters, then up Tropicana to Harrah's. If we weren't waiting for the guys' luggage, I would have asked he headed a bit south before going up the strip.

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The driver got a kickback for taking you there. I usually ask the driver to take me to the CVS at Harmon and Paradise.

Also, if you don't want to experience a time crunch, don't pre-book your limo. Unless you have special needs or are getting in at a weird time, there's no reason to do so.

6. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. The CVS up there would not be desirable for the itinerary. Kickback or whatever it was fine. I prebooked due to unknown airport volume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.