1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Route for Limo - Airport to Harrah's via the Strip + stop

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by savage810, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping someone can steer me right or tell me it can't be done in the hour we booked. We have a Presidential limo picking us up on Friday night to take us from the airport to Harrah's. Ideally, what I would like to do is make a quick stop at a convenience store (water, snacks, libations), then take the Strip to Harrah's starting south of Mandalay Bay. No checked luggage so we should make it to limo quick.

The reason I am asking is I attempted something similar years ago and basically they took me to what they thought was the "cheapest" convenience store which ended up being mid-Strip, so we missed most of the south strip.

:beer:

2. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .....sabotaged by someone starting a thread 20 minutes later with nearly the same title. Well, I think I figured it out. Head up to Tropicana, stop by the Rebel, head down to MB.

3. starlight0229

starlight0229 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you ask to drive by the Vegas sign that will also get you a ride up the strip from the south end.

We did presidential from the airport with checked bags and made a stop at the sign at made it Monte Carlo with no problem. As long as you don't dawdle at the convenience store you shouldn't have an issue.

NFG Concert/Post Tax Season Trip
  4. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friends actually checked bags, so I didn't end up making a big deal of it. I asked to go to a convenience store, then up the strip. The driver took us to a place on Tropicana between Motel 6 and Hooters, then up Tropicana to Harrah's. If we weren't waiting for the guys' luggage, I would have asked he headed a bit south before going up the strip.

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The driver got a kickback for taking you there. I usually ask the driver to take me to the CVS at Harmon and Paradise.

Also, if you don't want to experience a time crunch, don't pre-book your limo. Unless you have special needs or are getting in at a weird time, there's no reason to do so.

6. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. The CVS up there would not be desirable for the itinerary. Kickback or whatever it was fine. I prebooked due to unknown airport volume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.