1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Roulette min bet question

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by mike_m235, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm playing roulette at a $100 min bet table I know I've got to bet $100 on the inside and/or $100 on the outside.

My question is simple...the racetrack with all the numbers on it...does that count toward the inside or outside when it comes to min bet?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    betting on the racetrack is no different than betting on any number on the inside. it's just another way they lay out the numbers so you can more easily bet sections of the wheel.

3. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the UK we call those a "neighbours" bet, so and as 'shifter' says, they are all inside bets. Here in the UK with a single zero wheel, a £20 neighbours bet would equal £100. You are betting £20 on the actual number and two numbers either side of it (5 numbers/bets in total @ £20). I've played a little in Roulette in Vegas, I think the same applies.

4. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing a lot of roulette lately, the neighbors bet in the US on the racetrack you give the croupier the amount you would want to bet, like 100 dollars, it would mean 20 dollars on the 2 numbers to the right, 2 numbers to the left, and on the number itself. So neighbors bet are in increments of 5. They are also inside numbers for points purposes.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all. I thought that would be the case but I wasn't sure.

Nate: it was actually your roulette adventures that got me thinking I'd try it on my next trip. Not sure if I should thank you for that or curse you :peace:

6. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can do hit and run and set strict loss limits it should be ok. If not curse away! ;)

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can do the strict loss limits. Whether or not I can hit and run remains to be seen. But that's my gambling weakness regardless of the game, so roulette won't be unique.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.