1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rose. Rabbit. Lie. questions?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasChic-, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my upcoming trip, I'm spearheading a social night out with some of my husbands biz colleagues that are in for a conference.

My thought is to meet at the Chandelier bar, maybe get a Verbena drink.....after, head for dinner.

Initially, I was loving RRL (the experience part), but to be honest, the menu kinda freaks me out. There's stuff I would eat, but being small plates, not sure there is enough variety for the very culinary unadventurous - though I always hear it's good. So, as another option, was thinking to go to Jaleo instead since it would allow for a very social dinner - then head to RRL for dessert / drink / nightcap.

I haven't been to RRL before - but it looks very cool. Is there a preferred "room" to sit in? If we're coming in only for drinks, then I assume we would be in a bar area other than the rooms? Is that area kinda cool, or should I make reservations to ensure a room and make everyone order dessert, lol?

Lastly, it's meant to be social, so with acts going on etc, can you still be comfortable talking with one another? Want to avoid places with blaring music etc that would be difficult to chat.

Any comments appreciated! Thanks!

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went there after seeing the RRL show that is now defunct. It's a cool place, maybe too cool for me. The acts just pop up for a while and then leave so no worries about chatting at your table.

I like the idea of Jaleo for dinner and RRL for after-dinner cocktails/dessert. RRL is very expensive to me.

3. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's loud at times due to the music. Also, it's a food adventure, and not all good. I would skip it.

4. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Having been to RRL and Jaleo I'll echo what the others have said. At Jaleo there are tons of small plates to share, then you could get palella for the table and as a pre-dessert I'd recommend asking for the rum-coffee drink that they make in é. They will make if for you in Jalei, but be aware it takes 20 minutes to prepare and contains an entire bottle of rum (reduced, so it's not very strong); regardless, you'll want to have at least four people at the table.

Then mosey down to RRL and have a digestif.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, I would do dinner else where and head there for cocktails, etc. Some of the dishes don't exactly agree with some folks so I am not sure I would start my eve. there.

6. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies~ I'm curious enough to know I have to go in for a drink, but really appreciate the feedback to leave it only as a drink and not supper!

7. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you had the Verbena before?

8. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only read about them- have you had it? If so, do you suggest trying? All I know is that it's lemony and the sparkler sensation in your mouth from the flower!

9. PayTriple

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend getting a group together, and having one person try it at a time. For example, this last trip we had a dozen people and they each took turns "experiencing" the drink one at a time while the others watched the facial reactions. No matter how intellectually prepared you are for what is to come, you can't help yourself and your face will naturally contort as it tries to adjust to what is happening in your mouth,. Very entertaining!

10. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, but does it hurt? LOL. I know, I'm a wimp~

11. PayTriple

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had one lady friend who I introduced to the drink, yell at me "Ugh! I'm going to kill you!"
    I told her it would be the most interesting drink she would ever have, and the second most interesting thing she would ever put in her mouth!

12. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

VC, PT is terrible ... and correct on all accounts lol

I'll just say that the Verbena in Chandelier is not to be missed, but RRL (in its current state) can be saved till the next trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.