1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rose, Rabbit, Lie. (good, worth going?)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by HurricaneBuckeye, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneBuckeye

HurricaneBuckeye Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Rose Rabbit Lie worth doing? I have seen mixed reviews but really wanna check it out with a lady friend. Thanks for any help with this.

2. vrak01

vrak01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My SO and I ate there during our last trip in January of this year - it was our first time staying at the Cosmopolitan and I have to say, we enjoyed all of the food and drink options we had at the property. It was actually hard to leave to go eat elsewhere, when we'd already had so many delicious things to eat within the hotel! The Henry is great and pretty reasonable, Secret Pizza kicks ass for a quick slice when you want a light lunch or a drunken snack, Chandelier Bar has fantastic drinks in a great atmosphere, and Holsteins has incredible burgers.

As for R.R.L., I would definitely recommend it if you are ok with a) having a very, very dark dining area (although depending on where you're seated, there may be options with better lighting) and b) don't mind forgoing most conversation with your dinner companion, as it's essentially a live dinner show in some respects. It was a great experience and we had really delicious food, but it's not going to be the kind of white tablecloth/hushed tones/traditional service that you might think of when you're considering a romantic dinner out. Just food for thought, as it were.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cookie jar is delicious there. I would go back just for drinks and the cookie jar.

4. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been with 6 other couples as well as another time with 3 high school buddies - had a blast both times - food was very good as well

5. lithelady

lithelady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stay at Cosmopolitan. I love the vibe, the art, the restaurants, the location and the nice staff. But when it comes to RRL, it's a mixed bag. As a dining destination, it's EH.. Drinks are good. I enjoyed the entertainment. The service was so so. The food was good for snacking while drinking, but we made the mistake of going there for dinner and an evening, thinking it was like a dinner/night club. The same trip we ate at RRL we had had dinner at Bouchon which was SUPERB, at Aureole which was SUPERB and at both of those (including coffee, drinks, dessert etc etc) were less expensive and a better dining experience.

At a table nearby was a group of a dozen or so. They seemed to be having a good time, with lots of pricey food and drink. Later that night I saw one of the couples and asked what they thought. Like us, they said they had higher expectations for a dinner out in Vegas. So my advice: go in for a drink after dinner, or for a drink and snack before a late dinner. But with all the wonderful dining experiences in Vegas don't slot in an entire night there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.