1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room upgrades on Myvegas rooms?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by dbook, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbook

dbook Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all--
    I'm looking into using my lp's for a room at Mirage, MGM or Mandalay Bay. I've checked some reviews on Hotels.com and Tripadvisor and I'm seeing that some of the rooms that are listed in the descriptions on Myvegas (like West Wing at MGM) are getting some bad reviews. Has anyone ever tried the $20 dollar trick when checking in to a room you got thru Myvegas? Has it worked?

2. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    normally the rooms are pre-assigned when you actually book through myVegas, so you get what you've bought.

you could always try though.

3. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Winter of 2014 I had a free stay at MB and a two night paid stay at Delano. I called up a few weeks ahead to see if I could just have 3 nights at the Delano. Mlife mentioned they would take it into consideration the week before. When I checked in, I was upgraded to the Delano without any issues. Think it really depends on when you're going and if there's any big events/conventions going on.

4. cam9219

cam9219 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the $20 trick twice during the Summer of 2015 at Monte Carlo and it got me a high floor strip view room. Both times included a comp night for weekday and weekend when those rewards were available.

It's definitely worth a shot.

5. michele14

michele14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends on a whether there is a large convention, especially at MGM or Mandalay Bay. We did get upgraded a couple of years ago to the Delano from Mandalay Bay. Last year we had a room at Mandalay Bay and it was a renovated room so it was really nice.

6. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, the mLife online system regularly sends upgrade offers via email and I can usually just ask for the other nights to remain in the upgraded room if I bought another night in a regular room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.