1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Taxes if using CET RC's ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by arizsumda, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arizsumda

arizsumda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently booked at Caesars, will pay for the room using RC's, thanks to the Great Race Promotion, at the end of the stay.

Question is, I notice other comments on here about if you use your players card to pay for a meal, you don't pay for taxes. Does this apply to "rooms" also ?

Room charges show I'm paying around $55 for taxes, not paying resort fees since I'm a Diamond Member, so I'm hoping to recover that $55. Even though my credits will cover it, I'd like to know it's $55 I'll have for other expenses.

Also, I had to put a deposit, when I pay using RC's, will I be able to pay the entire room fee and get my deposit credited back to my charge card ?

Thanks in advance for anyone reading and taking the time to comment.

2. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Yeah, if you pay with reward credits, they should not charge the tax.

My understanding is that if you use your credit card, they only authorize the incidental deposit, so I don't think you will be charged for it. If you use a debit, it depends on the back, but they will deduct the deposit fee and then refund it back later.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you paid for 1 nite to reserve your room, they will refund that back to your card when you check out & use your RC for the bill. Daughter has done this several times....without any questions. Taxes are deducted before the total taken from your RCs. Hope you have a great trip!!

4. arizsumda

arizsumda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for those quick replies, this is always the best place to find answers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.