1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Redemption Question

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Pocketaces, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocketaces

Pocketaces Tourist

Feb 14, 2008
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good news is that I have a trip planned. The bad news is that it isn't until November.

I see that prizes must be used within 90 days of redemption. My question is once I have enough LP to redeem a free room do I need to wait until my trip is less than 90 days out? Or can I redeem a free room today and use it to book a room during November.

I have just under 100k in LP. Any suggestions on what I should do. I'm thinking of going for three nights at Mirage.

I'm concerned that if I wait until Fall to redeem and book my room that the amount of LPs will have increased greatly.

Lastly, what exactly is the process to use my points and and then book the room?

Thank you everyone.

2. bruceb

bruceb Tourist

Oct 14, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    My advice is purchase room and show rewards as soon as you have the points. Then call the number on the email for the reservation. You will either get a confirmed room or told there are none available. If there are no rooms simply contact my vegas customer service and get a refund of the points. Also, once a room reservation is made using my vegas points, there is no refund as the reward is considered redeemed. These items are redeemed when you make the reservation (or purchase the ticket (if it is a show).

Most locations are accepting My Vegas room reservations thru the end of the year. Remember, they is limited "stock" of these rooms. I had to return my Mirage 2 nite reard because they could not accommodate my August trip, fortunately Mandalay Bay had rooms.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Nov 2, 2001
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    For room bookings, you can redeem your points now for a stay later 90 days out. I got the impression back in January that they had availability 6 months out for MyVegas room redemptions, but they may have extended that thru the end of the year. So yes, purchase your room reward as soon as you have the points and know when you are going.
    It is pretty simple, as long as the room does not show up in the rewards as sold out, do the following:

1. Click on the reward in the Rewards section
    2. Click next at the bottom of the page with the description of the reward
    3. Enter your name and email address (if this is your first reward, make sure your name matches the name that is on your mLife account)
    4. Check the box that says you agree to all terms and conditions
    5. Click confirm
      You should get a confirmation number on the screen as well as an email
    6. From the email, call the number listed and speak with a MyVegas agent who will help you book your room.
      Make sure to have your confirmation email and mLife card number as they will link your MyVegas account to the mLife account number you give them
    Again, I would do this as soon as you have the points to redeem for the room reward. I know of some people who were not able to use theirs because there was no MyVegas room available for their days. (they did get their points back though.)
  4. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Jun 25, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you can only book 6mos out but you can try. I want to do Aria for 2nights in Nov so I'll get it and call to book, if I can't then ask for a refund on the points and wait it out.
  5. RandyCox

RandyCox Tourist

Apr 4, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I read you can book anytime this year. But not 100% on that. I would be pulling my hair out if I had to wait that long to go to Vegas again. PlayMyVegas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.