1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Rate Reservation Help

Discussion in 'Comps' started by georgewalskin, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So i have an offer code in my total rewards. I'm trying to do a reservation that goes from August 20- August 30 for 11 days. If i were to book all 11 nights at Imperial palace using the OFFER CODE, it comes to $324. It would look like first 2 nights are comped and then the next 9 days are paying. If i were to book all 11 nights at Imperial Palace without AN OFFER CODE, it comes to around $326. It shows august 20 for $40, august 21 for $20 etc and basically no days show as comp but the days cost less so they average the same pretty much.

However, i can use an offer code where if i book august 20 and august 21 comped free at Flamingo. I did this and got those 2 nights comped. So i got august 22- august 30 that i need to book and i planned to do this at IP. When i checked how much the rate was for august 22 - august 30 before i booked my flamingo comped room... it came out to $260. Also, you see that each night has that 20 percent off thing for booking 2 nights or more. I also saw this if i were to book all 11 nights at IP without any code.

Well i know i cannot book IP online because of that reservation glitch and have to do it on the phone. I called IP and the rates they quoted me was much higher than the rates i saw online. Is there a reason for this? They checked the rates and it came to like $380 for 9 nights. I gave them the offer code for that 20 percent off deal and they saw this. They used another 20 percent off code and it came to like $412. Is there a reason why the rates are much higher on the phone and why i don't get the online rates?

I was going to book all 11 nights at IP for $324 or so but then i saw hey i can book flamingo comped for 2 nights. Then i can book IP for $260 for 9 nights. But is there a reason why the rates are not the same? Is it because i took the 2 comped nights at flamingo?

I'm confused here. But if i cancel my complimentary stay at flamingo for those 2 nights... then i book August 22-30 for 9 nights for $260 at IP... Does that mean I lose my comp stays at Flamingo for august 20 and 21? Meaning if i call flamingo and want to book the room using the offer code for free room... that mean I won't get it?

The person on the phone told me rates constantly change. The thing is i know this but there is no way the rates they quoted me is higher than what i see online but even more if i booked those nights online. Does anyone agree with me here or am i wrong?

I thought hey if i do this, i can save $65 pretty easily. But i guess this kind of reservation then either increase my room rates for August 22- August 30 or i lose my 2 night comp stay on August 20 and 21?

Would really like to know this. Because if i can't do this, i would just book the 11 night stay at IP originally.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, but I have read, or tried to read this twice and just confused.

But - if I did anything, you might want to look at making some separate bookings, online with a day off in between. Then call in to add the missing day.

Keep in mind, that you can not check out (have a room booked) of a CET hotel and into another one of the same day via the online system. It thinks you are double booking. A human can fix that for you.

3. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call the 800 number and talk to a human. They can tell you what you can do.
    If you have multiple offers, there needs to be a 48 hour period between offers.
    Sometimes you will see something online that can't be done, but a customer service can. I've had offers that are three night comp but I wanted to stay five nights. Over the phone I was able to get comped for all five nights. Although many people hate CET, I've always had great service on the phone with CET.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have booked back to back rooms multiple times. No 48 hour wait. Offers with freeplay or something may require 48 hors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.