1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Awards?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by KazooTom, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A question about room rewards and reservations. I am planning a trip in June and plan to use our points for 3 nights at Red Rock. I have enough points now to purchase the rewards I need, but I am obviously well in advance of 90 days from our planned trip. Like most rewards, it says they must be used within 90 days.

My question is; Is the reward considered used when the reservation is made, or when we check in?

2. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

No experience with station rewards myself- but in general rooms must be booked within 90 days of purchase, but can be booked for any available date on the calendar that isn't sold out (calendars don't update when a night sells out of myvegas block, you only find out when you call). When you book the room you can no longer get a refund for not using it (so if plans change and you have to cancel you are SOL on that reward), however the date it is actually used is when you check-in, and that is what impacts the rolling 3/30 for mlife or 2/24 for station.

3. Shayna G

Shayna G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms have to be BOOKED within 90 days of buying. But you can book it for 5 months out without issue. Only thing is they are not considered REDEEMED until you stay. So they will factor in to the two per day reward limit while you are there. But you can book further out. Just buy them and call and redeem them as soon as your dates are verified.

4. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much for your replies. So, I understand that I can "purchase" the rewards now and make our reservation within the next 90 days for dates that are well beyond the 90 day limit and be safe. Now I just need to find the date calendar to be sure the dates we want are not blacked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.