1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ron White at Mirage--Anyone Gone to See Him?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by vegas_or_bust, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about going to see Ron White at the Mirage over Labor Day weekend? Has anyone seen his act at the Mirage? If so, what are your thoughts? I enjoy his comedy on TV, but looking for some insight on his Vegas show before I drop $150 for two tickets. Thanks!

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

I saw him last year or so...I'm a fan of his TV programs too.
    He was the same in concert however...you don't have him right in front of your
    face like you do on television. I had a Left section seat about 6 rows back centerish.
    It still wasn't centered or close enough for me but...that's what ya get for buying at
    the last minute.
    Book in advance, spend the bucks for center section rows AA,BB,CC,DD,EE or as close
    to 'em as possible.
    The other thing I noticed...he doesn't stay on his mic like he should. For many of the
    punchlines, he strays away from the mic. You need to watch his mouth, follow the words,
    stay on top of him because...he's just casual, yappin' up a storm, and moves away from
    his mic a lot.
    The thing I didn't care for in his Show was his wife. He refers to her in his jokes a lot and
    if he hasn't changed his routine or...he isn't pissed at her or she isn't pissed at him...he'll
    bring her on stage in the latter half of the Show to SING...ACAPELLA. Wasn't thrilled much
    about that but hey................that's how he gets his nightly bj and slice of chocolate cake
    so... if wife no singy/Ron get no zingy.
    He had a good Show, lots of the favorite routines, just try and sit up front and centerish.

3. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him Labor Day last year.
    For me, it wasn't worth it. As GregRio said, his wife comes out to sing (which wasn't good, nor what I went there to see). Also, he brought out his dog to do tricks. Pretty dumb in my opinion.
    The warm up act was just alright.
    I wouldn't go see him again, but I have enjoyed his stand up specials on tv.

4. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great feedback guys. Thanks!

5. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Now if he ever teamed up with Jeff and Larry for a special
    during rodeo time...THAT I WOULD LOVE TO CATCH!

6. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be catching him on Sunday (of Labor Day weekend). Had no idea that his dog or wife are a potential part of the show. Saw him once before at Beau Rivage several years ago.

7. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The part of the show that you paid to see is really pretty good. But i have to agree with everyone else that the show grinds to a halt at the end with the dog and the wife.
    We had tickets on row BB in the center like Gregrio suggested, the seats were great but it took forever to get in. We were worried that the show was gonna start without us. You have to stand in line and show your ticket 3 different times to get in and then there is no one passed the door to help you find your seat. They just need to hire a few more people and do a little better job, esp when you pay top dollar for your seats. Just a word to the wise get there early if you want to set down front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.