1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rolling Smoke

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MTMONGO, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love me some BBQ! Has anyone tried Rolling Smoke at the Gold and Silver Pawn location?

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to but I didn't see a menu before my trip so I went with the original. From what I could glean, it's more of a bar with limited food.

3. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're referring to the one located on Highland yes I have. Try to hit it right when they open because a line forms quickly and there's a good reason for that its very good. Don't let anyone talk you out of with Ellis Island talk just go you'll love it if your a BBQ person.

4. whitedog420

whitedog420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Rick's Rollin Smoke BBQ last week. For $25 I got brisket, pulled pork, beans, and a beer. All of it was great. The sauce is spicy, which for me is perfect. The staff were great and the wait was short. Easily the best part of that entire plaza.

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I poked my head in the door of Rick's Rollin' Smoke about two weeks ago while out on a walk in the area. It was a Friday night about 6 pm and it was oddly quiet and empty. It looked nice, in an institutional sort of way, but the vibe wasn't there so I didn't stay and eat or drink. Having said that, I plan to give it another try the next week or two and will report back.

Bill

6. whitedog420

whitedog420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it wasn't for a family of 12+, it would have been empty when I ate there as well. This around 8pm on a Monday though.

7. Franken Dean

Franken Dean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like lunch time is peak business. Many BBQ joints will have a reduced menu in evenings if they are popular lunch destination.

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last night I stopped in and tried the Beef Brisket sandwich with Rollin Smoke's "regular" sauce on it. It was excellent - good quality meat that was moist and flavorful, and just the right amount of fat in it. The bun was fresh and perfectly matched to the task. It came with a side - I got the potato salad, which was surprisingly good. I had a draft Coors as well. It was just me and two other guys who were already there when I walked in.

Sandwich with one side: $18
    24 oz. draft domestic beer: $8

Pros: Excellent food and attentive service. The staff walked me through the (limited) menu and seemed to enjoy working there.
    Cons: For a sandwich, a side and a beer the price was $26. They did lower that to $23 on a local's discount.

Bill

9. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's because a good BBQ joint is likely to be out of meat by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.