1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rolling Smoke versus Big Erns

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by POPO2012, Jul 30, 2016.

1. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a fan of Rolling Smoke BBQ and staying at the Plaza in September I noticed A BBQ joint on East Fremont called Big Erns. Anybody been to both or Big Erns that appreciate that type of BBQ and could give a recommendation for Big Erns ? Thanks

2. bluesdude

bluesdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is in the Container Park. We have never been, but I can tell you it smelled awesome when we walked by it! I am sure that someone on this forum has been there.

3. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there once a couple of years ago.

I had brisket, ribs and pulled pork as part of a combo meal there, and everything was good - better than the equivalents what you'd get at chain restaurants certainly, but nothing I'd like to go back and have again. I don't even recall what sides I had, so I assume they were merely OK.

I see that the place has a 3/5 rating overall on Yelp, and I think that's pretty accurate - overall I wouldn't recommend (certainly not for a big fan of barbecue) it unless you're very curious.

I've not been to other barbecue places in Vegas, so I can't compare them (I only tried Ern's the one time I stayed Downtown instead of the Strip since it was relatively close, much like what you're doing).