1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rod the Mod

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Goodfella, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodfella

Goodfella Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming to Vegas in September and Rod Stewart will be performing one of the nights we are there. I am going to assume that his concert is likely to be sold out. Or, are there likely to be tickets available right up until concert time? I have no idea how fast these types of concerts sell out so will rely on those more informed than I in this forum. Is it likely a good idea to get our tickets now online? If so, what is a reliable site with good prices?

Cheers!

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

This would be a great time to book your tickets in advance. Most tickets go on
    sale 90 days before the night YOU want to be there.

TicketMaster sells the tickets for the Colosseum unless you're there in person
    to buy from the box office. (you'll save the TM service fee)

If you wait til you get there, there's a chance there 'might' be some tickets, but
    they could be any where and any price. You're always doing best, by booking in
    advance with the box office, and have a guaranteed great seat!

Here's what I suggest. First, look at the seating chart and get an idea of where
    you'd like to sit. I prefer the REAR ORCHESTRA seats...REAR ORCH 4 is center
    and always my first choice...REAR ORCH 5 or REAR ORCH 3 as close to center 4
    as possible work great also.
    In any REAR ORCHESTRA section, I suggest ROW A first choice and no further up than H.

Now if REAR ORCH isn't in your price range (my tics are aprox. $165. each for Rod)...your best
    bang for your buck is 1st MEZZANINE. Same sections but try to find something in the
    first 4 rows.
    'click' these sections on the seating chart...you'll get a pretty good idea of what your view
    will be.

CHER's ol' site is still working with a great seating chart. It works for who ever you want
    to see in the Colosseum...check it out.

http://cher.aeglive.com
    'click' Seating Info...
    'click' the picture of the seating chart...
    Point to a 'start' in the various sections and check out the view.

Rod has a large, but simple stage set and there's an over head HD video screen over center stage.
    THE SHOW IS GREAT!...seen it 3 times now.

Now that you have an idea of the section, and row you want...it's time to make some phone calls.

1.I call THE...Colosseum box office first to confirm the seats I want are still available. TicketMaster
    can be hard to work with sometimes...they're just selling tickets, but you can get a helpful rep.
    Once you know your seats are available, they can transfer you or you can call TicketMaster yourself.
    *box office opens at 10am. It's always good to call 'em early before they get busy...more time to help you.

Buying tickets on line is always my LAST CHOICE. You could get anything...call the box office, talk
    to a real person to help you. You will not find any discount tics for Rod's Show and even if there
    were...they'd either be over priced or poor seats.

COLOSSEUM BOX OFFICE: (on your dime...sorry) 1.702.866.1400
    TICKET MASTER LAS VEGAS: 1.800.745.3000...................a tip to call TM. When the recording comes on
    to start asking you what you want...on your first answer (for anything...) MUMBLE! lol
    It won't understand you and hook you up with a LIVE PERSON! (I speak 'KLINGON'...that really throws 'em)
    You'll get the option to talk to a real person eventually, but ya gotta listen thru a lot of crap. lol.
    GOOD LUCK!

3. Goodfella

Goodfella Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much Gregrio! I don't think I could have asked for a more informed response than the one you provided.

4. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gregrio is the master when it comes to getting the best seats for any concert in Vegas, and the only advice I can give ( as a sound and lighting engineer by trade ) is sit 2 rows behind the control desk if you can .

Will be seeing Rod on sept 19th, even though I have seen the show in the UK about 20 times , but it will make a change not to be working that night.

5. Scottishnellie

Scottishnellie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much Gregrio :nworthy:

I just found this thread whilst searching for info on booking Rod Stewart in September. I have just followed your advice and booked 2 1st Mezannine tickets by calling ticketmaster.

Far better than booking online :beer:

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET sent me a code for free tickets....they do this everytime - 1 month after we will be there. I think they plan it that way.... grrrrr

7. john39

john39 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking about getting tickets when I plan to be there on Oct 3 however theres a possibility I may have to change my dates I guess I could always resell my tickets on Stub Hub if I had to cancel

One question though, can I use Total Rewards credits for this show? If so does that have to be done in person?

8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at shows the other day when Iam over there in Oct, unfortunatly his last show is on the night I get there.

9. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well my travel date has now changed after getting the chance to arrive a day earlier at no extra cost, so Iam now arriving on Sat 6th Oct and will be at the show on Sun 7th.
    I have got a ticket for the rear orchestra section row C, I have been there before to see Elton John about 4 years ago and because we were on a bit of a budget so got tickets on Mezzanine, this time thought I would pay a little extra for some better seats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.