1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rock And Roll Marathon December 2nd

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by bring_the_rukus, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bring_the_rukus

bring_the_rukus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering who was doing it again this year after last years craziness. I'm doing the half again and I'm a little behind on my training but i feel like ill do better then last year.

How is your training going? Any tips for first time Vegas marathoners?

My one major tip, bring your own water and your own fuel because after last years shortage, id hate to be caught thirsty and hungry. also, plan on where your going to eat afterward. Most places were closed or absolutely packed afterwards so it was tough to find food. i don't know about you but I'm ravenous after a race!

Good luck everyone!

2. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm doing the half as well. It will be my 3rd overall, but first for the RnR Vegas. Ironically last year, I came the wednesday after the race last year and remember our driver to the hotel (MB) talk about how unorganized it was. Since then, "I've heard" many changes have been made. I'm hopeful anyway. I just completed a half last weekend and did carry my hand strap bottle and packed my own gel. I appreciate the tip for this one. Where exactly does the race finish? Not sure if I remember on the map.

I'm looking forward to the trip. Flying in late on Friday, and staying till Thursday so I have time to really enjoy vegas after the race on Sunday. lol

3. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Re:

The race, both for the half and full, end at the TI.

4. JXPrime

JXPrime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I saw that for this year it was in the evening along the strip, it made me kickstart my training to do the half next year, hopefully they keep the same format.

5. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, ending at the TI makes me happy as I'm staying mid strip. I can't wait till it gets here.

6. Sniff009

Sniff009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas will be my 15th half marathon overall. Been running halfs since Sept 2009 and been hooked since. This will be my fourth time running Las Vegas.

7. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there many spectators along the route or primarily just at the start and finish. My brother is meeting me and will likely be at the end. I am looking forward to some of the music along the route as well. This will be my 3rd half, and 1st in the Rock n Roll Series.

8. bring_the_rukus

bring_the_rukus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i really was surprised by the lack of spectators last year. the san diego rnr ive run the past two years has probably 4X as many people cheering you on. lots of drunks and homeless cheerleaders when you run through downtown though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.