1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Rng question.

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Ulose, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulose

Ulose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand the random number generator process on slot spins. But, I am curious about the bonus rounds. For instance, say top dollar. Is the outcome for the bonus offers determined when you spin the reels inatially or is each "try again" spin a separate rng event.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry but I don't know the answer but understand what you are asking. I personallywould like the bonus rounds to be determined by the initial spin, where the outcomes are already determined, and you just gotta get lucky in picking the right one. I'm hoping this is how it works. I think this is better than the rng continuing to run. Hopefully someone on this forum knows for sure.

I asked a similar question before about the VP hands on video poker. I was wondering if the 2nd set of 5 cards were already selected by the initial spin or if the rng continues to shuffle the remaining deck of cards. I got conflicting answers.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  3. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could do it either way, but random numbers off of a PRNG are as random as needed no matter when you select them, so it wouldn't matter. There isn't any pattern to perceive on the order and quality of the bonus offers on Top Dollar, even though it would be nice if there were one.

If I was programming such a machine I'd just pick numbers when I needed them, so only enough numbers to handle the current bonus round. That would seem logical.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.