1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

River to Hell

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by MisterJJ, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big Styx fan and on June 9th FSE will feature Dennis DeYoung: The music of Styx.

So... What is something like this going to look like? What experience have others had when well known artists play at FSE? Is this going to be a crush of people jockeying for a good spot? Will they have a roped off area in front for special guests with everyone else pushing in from the sides? Or do you think I have it all wrong and it will just be the normal crowd wandering around?

The reason I ask is that I am considering a drive from San Diego just to see this and want to have an idea if it will be worth it or not. As (bad)luck would have it, my scheduled Vegas trip is for the weekend after this! If I do this trip, it would be a drive there and back on one weekend and then driving up there again the following weekend for a 4 day stay. No, I can't move my existing trip.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey! Fallout Boy :) :) :)

When there is a live band playing on Fremont Street I don't think it matters if its a named act or just a small local lounge band... there is usually a pretty big crowd in the area immediately in front of the stage and then it thins as you get further from the stage.

If you are there a little early you should be able to get a good vantage point as a bit of a crowd starts to gather when they are doing any pre-show entertainment or final sound checking and then the majority of people show up when the band is pretty much getting ready to start.

I don't recall ever seeing a VIP or roped off area for any of the concerts on Fremont Street... I suppose the issue with that would be: who would pick the VIPs and determine who gets in such an area since all the hotels are paying for the entertainment together?

3. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an offer from MSS for two free nights and a VIP viewing area tickets to any of the show this summer.

I don't know what "VIP viewing" means, but it sounds like you might want to do a little digging.

Good luck!

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've obviously got too much time on your hands.

5. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And it's ticking away - ticking away from me :wink

I see the Freemont has a VIP package that includes VIP wristbands for the event. It notes that there is no seating, just standing room only. I imagine it's just a roped off area in front or to the side. I haven't been able to find any further scraps of information or if the VIP wristbands are available separately.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 years ago DeYoung played the San Diego County Fair. It's a good show if you like Styx. Whereas in years past he only played his songs, now he has a Tommy Shaw clone who sings 2-3 of Tommy's Styx songs. So you get the full Styx soundtrack albeit with only one true Stick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.