1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Riserva Steaks at Carnevino

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thecarve, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big fan of Carnevino. But even after a half dozen or so meals there, I still haven't tried one of their "riserva" steaks due to my penchant for playing it by ear instead of making plans in advance.

So, assuming I'm actually willing to plan in advance...how do I go about getting one of these bad boys? Do I make reservations now and ask for one? Do I call as soon as they open the day I'll be dining there? What's the story?

I have no status with V/P. So, unfortunately, my degeneracy doesn't help me here.

Also, if you want to share your experiences, I'm all ears (eyes)!

Thanks

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My reaction was similar to the linked review -- although I must have been lucky, because I managed to snag a steak on my first try. I called ahead, they said there was a good chance, and lo and behold, I got my steak.

I enjoyed the Riserva steak, but it had a very strong flavor. "Blue cheese" and "musty" were two terms I heard used, and they're good adjectives. One small part -- a piece of tenderloin -- was just too strong for me to stomach. All in all, it was an interesting experience, but I prefer regular steaks.

4. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

I guess we lucked into ours when we had a riserva, it was available like a nightly special.

Like é I think if you're intrigued/interested, it's definitely worth it.

5. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time I went to Carnevino in 2010, my wife left a note on our reservation a few weeks in advance that the seating was for a birthday celebration (mine). When we sat down they asked if the birthday diner would like one of the riserva steaks. So I guess I was just lucky. Until I came across this thread I didn't know that it was it was a hard request and at the time I did not know what it was just that the description from the waiter sounded fantastic. As for taste, I know everyone has different taste buds but mine was the best steak I've ever had. Nothing has come close and that includes about 5 or 6 of the big Vegas steakhouses I have visited.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what the smallest Reserva that they will do? I'd like to try it, but not commit to a full steak.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many places have you been that offered half a steak?

8. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll probably need to discuss that with the restaurant. I don't know about the current policy; when I got my steak, the minimum size was governed by the cuts available, and the minimum thickness appropriate for the meat. I have a vague memory of the minimum being 1.5 inches, but that could definitely be wrong.

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, gang.

The email I sent last week has gone unanswered:rolleyes2: so I'll give them a ring sometime this week. If I learn anything, I'll pass it along.

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't dined at Botero but they offer a 4 oz. Omi Beef steak. I consider that half a steak. I believe that SW has offered a steak sampler, for lack of a better term, that is 2 ounces of various cuts.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.