1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

RIP Red Klotz

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Red who?? He was the owner of the Washington Generals,sound familiar? The team that traveled the world and were the "straight men" for The Harlem Globetrotters.
    Red lived in Margate,just south of AC,he was 93. Can you imagine the stories Red could have told from all those years of travelling the country and entire world.,what a life he must have lived.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow... that's a name I hadn't heard in awhile. Loved watching the Globtrotter's on Wide World of Sports! You hardly even noticed the General's were on the floor, but of course, that meant they were doing their job well.

Just read that he was the oldest living NBA Champion and shortest player to ever play on an NBA Championship team (Baltimore Bullets).

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He also made the game winning shot the last time the globetrotters lost. It was in 1971, as a 50 year old!

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my all time favorite Simpsons jokes is when Krusty's accountant is stunned that Krusty would bet on the Generals. "I thought they were due!" Ahhhhh, gamblers logic, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.