1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio Seafood Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bullhead, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullhead

bullhead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been going to Vegas once a year for 10 years. My wife and I tried the seafood buffet at the Rio. I enjoyed the food, but I don't think it was worth the price($95) for the two of us. We should have had the regular buffet at the Rio.

2. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no the world buffet a The Rio is not good at all you made the right choice to do the Village seafood buffet

Only one better would be the one at Caesar's palace.

3. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree TOTALLY. The seafood buffy went downhill TOTALLY since the place was taken over by Harrahs.The regular buffy( Carnival) IMHO is very good and enjoyed (THROUGHLY) MANY TIMES.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only did the seafood buffet once....much of it was good but didn't think it was worth it.... nothing we had was really great. We really enjoy the carnival buffet each trip. So many dishes and most we've had was well prepared.....

5. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it depends on where you live. My friends loved the seafood buffet years ago and I wasn't at all impressed.

6. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For seafood buffet you should try the M. It isn't much cheaper though but it is very good and free beer or wine also.

The Rio regular buffet has slipped some in recent years. Still good but also pricey as of 2 years ago. When was the last year you ate at the Rio JR? One cannot
    assume what was 5 years ago is the same today.

7. FLHfan

FLHfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the seafood buffet last Nov and i have to say i wish we would have went to Red Lobster instead. Very disappointed.

8. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Agree. Went there a year ago. Never again. Pretty sad when it's on par with red lobster...

9. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

The biggest problem with seafood on any Vegas buffet is the established practice of cooking food in advance and 'holding' it. Beef, pork and chicken tolerate that a bit better than seafood. When I went to the RIO seafood spread, that was my biggest disappointment - a dried out product.
    I've been to other seafood buffets throughout the country and all do better at cooking the items closer to service. That mentality will probably never make its way to Vegas.
    Bottom line - instead of spending big bucks at the RIO, go to a place like Bellagio or Wynn. Both have ample seafood offerings to satisfy one's taste buds, along with plenty of other stuff to sample.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The regular (Carnival) buffet is not good at all, way below average. The Seafood buffet has gone downhill in recent years but it's better than the Carnival. I'd pass.

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you and your wife love seafood? If it's not a top consideration then maybe $95.00 for two is a bit much. My Wife and I love seafood so even though it's a bit steep we will pay it to eat fresh seafood.

I know there are regular buffets out there that are outstanding at a lower price but the general consensus here is that the Rio Carnival Buffet is not one of them. I haven't eaten at that place so I cannot comment.

Gold Coast next door and Orleans (catch the free shuttle at G.C.) have value based buffets you might want to try next time out there. They are not "WOW" type of buffets you can find elsewhere but they are pretty good, less than half the price for two than what you paid at the Rio Seafood Buffet.

12. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the Orleans seafood night buffet in March and found they stepped up the quality some. The oysters were better and warm crab legs hit the spot.

Side note is they have some of the best beef ribs. Like said earlier it is good at less than half the price if that is a factor.

13. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Good advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.