1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio seafood buffet question

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BrandonB, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandonB

BrandonB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth the money or does someone recommend something else? I know the quality isn't going to be top notch at the buffet but I'm a huge seafood lover and this appeals to me

2. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's worth it! I'm not a big buffet person, but I am a seafood lover and imo this is a great buffet. The last time I was in vegas(november?) it was closed for the week and I couldn't make it the 2 previous trips, all disappointments. I'll be there tomorrow night!:woohoo: It has a very large selection of seafood with many different types of dishes. There are several different types of fish selections, tons of shrimp dishes along with boiled shrimp, lobster(not sure what type(smaller) but the flavor is great. clams, oysters, crab legs of course(not cut open down the middle) soups, bisque?, I'm sure I'm missing some things but your right, it is a buffet...but a good one! I've never been to the Wynn buffet but heard they have king crab legs on their buffetm but again it's pricey from what I've heard. I really hardley make it down that far from center strip.

3. arkansas grandma

arkansas grandma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think food is so subjective it is hard to say what is worth it and what is not. I have heard from many, just recently that Rio buffet is not worth it. I have heard so Pointe and Resort M is better, but I haven't been to any of them for years. We did do the Rio seafood buffet years ago, it was OK, not great. We too love seafood and are looking at one for our trip in 12 days.

4. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, it's all up to each person's own taste. I didnt care for S Point's buffet at all, but I go the the M's buffet every trip. When you said the rio's buffet wasn't that good lately was that the seafood buffet or their Carnival world buffet?

5. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a big seafood lover also and IMHO I think it's worth it.
    My favorite is the slipper lobster tails.
    There is a $10 off coupon in the ACG for up to 4 people, so that helps.
    Also I saw your post about the Buffet of Buffets in another thread, remember this one is not included,although I believe you can add it for an additional cost.

6. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I don't think it is. I'm a seafood eater and get more than enough to satisfy my tastes at more up-scale places like the Wynn and Bellagio.
    My biggest gripe with seafood on virtually all Vegas buffets is that it is over-cooked and held too long. That was especially true at the RIO. One and done for me, but at least I satisfied my curiosity.

7. BrandonB

BrandonB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All great replies thanks guys ! Guess I'll pass on it and try one of the more upscale ones which one do you recommend? And what can I expect to pay

8. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Think its vastly OVERRATED! Try the above places mentioned.

9. BrandonB

BrandonB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's an alternative to this with solid selections as far as buffets ?

10. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Rio is about $45 a head, while Bellagio is $30 and Wynn $36 for weekday dinner. Better yet, go to Bellagio before the dinner change-over at 4:00 for $20 and save a few more dollars.
    Either of those places are substantially better than Rio. And, believe me, you'll find better quality seafood.

11. BrandonB

BrandonB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think I'm gonna try the Wynn! Thanks for all the advice

12. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive tried most buffets on the Strip. Ive never travelled to teh Rio for the Seafood buffet though. I think its a must do soon though.

However i am more looking forward to the Wynn Sunday brunch.

Im salivating thinking about it :thumbsup:

13. BrandonB

BrandonB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hopefully the wynn is what people say it is looking to do a dinner buffet one night will probably hit a few for breakfast im sure its cheaper to get a breakfast buffet then go anywhere else ?

14. Ashton7

Ashton7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main Street Station has a very nice seafood buffet on Friday nights for about half the price. We did that one this last trip instead of the Rio one and enjoyed it. It isn't nearly as big, though. I also have to agree with others that both the Bellaggio and the Wynn buffets are really nice.

15. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had an offer last year that included a buffet of buffet tag for one day of our stay. We found on arrival that we could upgrade to the seafood buffet for free once during that time. We did, and to be honest we weren't overwhelmed by it. There was a long line for the lobster tails, (which looked scrappy and unappetizing to us.) without that, the variety of foods was better at the main buffet. I'm glad we didn't pay for it.

First trip of 2017.
  16. BrandonB

BrandonB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems that not many people recommend it and say to try other buffets , any breakfast buffet recommendations ?

17. crystalpistol

crystalpistol Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last year my Boyfriend and I decided to try it as we both are huge seadfood lovers.we ended up paying only 26$ each because we went to the tickets 4 tonight place http://www.tix4tonight.com/ and got them cheaper.we weren't overly impressed but it wasn't bad either. It's not a huge selection but its not a bad one either. if you get it at a discount its not that bad of a deal. My suggestion is get there very early as the good stuff goes very fast. the lobster tails were a bit on the rubbery side fyi.

18. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was better in the past, just make sure & use a coupon.

My wife Loves the Rio seafood buffet & insists on a visit at least once every Las Vegas Trip,
    I enjoy it, but not as much as her, as I pay the Bill.
    Maybe she's wax poetic of the old days of former Yumminess.

Just like many great deals in LV, have evaporated like a mirage in the desert,
    the Rio Seafood buffet value, is starting to shimmer in the distance of past glory.

If you go, make sure & use your ACG $10 off coupon for the Rio Seafood buffet!

Definitely Not recommended at Full Price!

They closed our favorite place to eat at the Rio, Gaylord Indian restaurant.

19. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love seafood but I am not a big fan of the Rio seafood buffet. Try it once if you never have been there. But also try some of the high end buffets that are high in seafood and you won't go back.

20. anno

anno Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio Seafood Buffet

I think it could be better, most of the seafood is frozen or 'dead a long time' before cooked, it is worth a one time visit with coupon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.