1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio 5/9-5/15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jerseyguy, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Joe S . asked for a Rio report so here it is.
    We've been going to the Rio since the days when they let you in the Voodoo free. The big attraction these days is the location and the CET deals we get there.I envy people who are organized enough to remember each machine or table they play,I dont.
    Flight and rental Car,Long flight but we had passes for the United club in the Airport that made the day better and we got upgraded to an exit isle free on the way home. The car rental started out ok at Thrifty the guy went thru a whole presentation showing us what cars in our class were avaiable,we picked one so we walked outside and the kid there we dont have any Impalas but heres a free up grade to a Crown Vic ,nice a police car.Worked out ok,last day gassed it up till the nozzle kicked back and rounded it off. Keep in mind we live in a state where its full service,but I never had an issue before returning a rental fully gased. But this Indian dude did the hand held computer thing and handed me a slip for $20 more. What? Oh you didnt fill the tank sir ,get in and see for yourself. Thats BS and it was just a hair below the line so I slammed the door,cursed him out went to the see the manager and took care of the problem.

Food Did the Gold Coast Breakfast Buffet most days ,tried the Palms once,
    it sucked. Did the Ellis Island steak and the Mon Ami Gabi outside and also Margaritaville (tourist trap) . My friend who works at the Rio recommended Noras for Italian ,EXCELLENT! Located in a strip mall on Flamingo.

Gambling, just bad ,

what can I say?

2. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Part two

Did have an enjoyable ride up to Mt Charleston and we drove around to a lot to places like Siverton ,M ,S.Point Sams ,Downtown .
    What happens in LV dept.
    Just got back to Rio one night ,Mrs .said I'm going up stairs,ok I'm walking to Burger KIng for a snack.
    Walked past the round bar on my way saw two young ladiies dancing ,their buddies saw me looking so they they started yacking with me ,invited me in to dance and the girls started grinding against me .other girls there started laughing,the guys didnt seem to care. The best part was when the one girl stood with her back to me grabbed my hand,put it on her boob and had her friend take a picture. I never got my late night snack.

So in closing , I think the Rio like a lot of places has gone down hill lately,the weekend clientele especially. Our room in Impanema was ok,furniture a little worn but room large, dual vanities.
    People there still nice,no problems with hot water or anything ,Deli great place to grab a quick snack in afternoon but Mrs wants to stay somewhere else next time.

3. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have eaten at Nora's and absolutely love it. It is on the list of places we try to get to whenever we're in Vegas.

4. Mikey Morris

Mikey Morris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TR

got:thumbsup:ta love the old days....

5. curyusgorge

curyusgorge Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rio

Go to the "American Sports Bar and Grill", they have the best chicken wings EVER!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.