1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Riding the Deuce

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Frisky, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frisky

Frisky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rode the Deuce to and from downton to the strip. We left from the downtown Vegas Blvd stop. Bus packed, it seemed like it stopped every two or three blocks and more people got on.Very crowded. 110 degrees outside but the temp in the bus was OK. Driver kept telling people to move back. People waiting at the bus stops didn't want to wait to get on through the front door started getting on through the back door. Driver wanted them to come in the front, they waved passes at him and went upstairs, finally the bus moved. We departed at Caesars/Harrahs stop. Took us about 35 minutes.
    Returning from the strip we got on the Deuce at Harrahs, bus not packed but people standing in aisles and by doors. By the time we got back to Fremont the bus was really overloaded. People standing on the front and rear stairs, aisles blocked, no one could move. Trip took 50 minutes.
    I would suggest if you can use any other bus to get to your strip or downtown destination I would. We wanted to use the SDX but it went 1/2 mile from where we wanted to go in 110 degree heat we opted for the Deuce.

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's exactly why I don't ride that damn thing. I rode it once, and Ill never do it again. I'll stick to cabs.

3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is my experience also. The only time I Ever rode the deuce was on my first trip to Vegas. And yes, i took it all the way downtown. Some stops even have you waiting out in the heat for half an hour just to catch the bus!

Now if I'm not going downtown (and don't have a car) I take one of the monorails. Otherwise, I take a cab.

4. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the duece is very good early before about 1pm when its not as busy and you can go upstairs and get a great view.

one good alternative is to get a bus pass , ride it to the sdx stop and get off and then use the sdx...

or do the wax bus from tropicana at NYNY (after getting the duece there!)

5. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im with Mitkraft and dfalk, ill avoid using that thing as much as i can, before noon its bearable but at peak times its a nightmare, ill much rather pay the extra $ and cab it!

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many people will hop on the Deuce during afternoon "drive time" when things are busiest and the locals are going to/from work. I agree waiting in the heat is not ideal nor is a bus full of people but it is not always like this as was mentioned. There are times when alternatives are better regardless of cost. Often slight modifications can change the situation. Since we all have different priorities it's like the shuttle/taxi debate. No one is right or wrong it is what works for you. There are many alternatives if you look at the bus routes but I guess if you don't ride a bus much it is isn't going to be worth the effort. Timing is critical.......just like being hungry at noon and discover there is a line at the buffet..........good time for a sit down dinner!

Jimbo338

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This.

I would honestly walk in the heat before riding it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.