1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ridiculous Mid/Late May Airfare

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Rutgerskid, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to plan a trip to coincide with a friends conference. Flying from anywhere near NYC the week of 5/19-5/23 is averaging $500 for any sort of normal times. Not to mention hotel rooms are expensive as well. Thankfully I have a great MLife Offer for an MGM Grand Queen room for $64/night.

Anyone else come across this?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean 5/19-5/23? If so, yes I'm seeing the same crazy prices for airfare. My golf buddies are currently looking for deals to come out from 5/15-5/19. They are all seeing the same ridiculous airfares ($500+ round trip) and aren't sure what's going on either...

For the rooms, we had to change course and switch from MGM Grand to Hard Rock as we got GREAT deals at HR. I could get a comped room at MGM for myself but the guys were getting bad deals so we opted for HR. Think it'll be a better place to be though! :wink2:

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rates are ridiculous right now with all the carriers. My dates right now in April are running $440 rt from BDL...I'm looking at June 7-13 and they are running $482 rt. I thought it might just be sw and checked travelocity for other carriers...nope, they are running $500-$600 plus bag fees. Full planes, high fuel costs, less carriers....not sure but they seem to have us where they want us...IMO.

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had to stop flying out of WPG Canada and start flying out of GFK (Grand Forks) USA because low/acceptable flight costs of $440 no longer existed - the first time we went we got WPG - LAS for $330 pp (all in, 2007)...then prices moved between $420-$440...still flew out of WPG. Then flights moved to $550+....now we fly out of GFK wit Alegiant Air. Even with their add on's its far cheaper...including driving (as we are 1 1/2 hours south of WPG and 20 minutes from the boarder.

5. jpeter1093

jpeter1093 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked from Albany NY to LV on January 5 on United for $415 each for a Wed-Thurs (5/21-5/29) trip, including taxes and fees. And now, that same 8 day trip is even cheaper on United. Only $363 each!

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi neighbor :wave: you are down the road, literally.

We are flying out of winnipeg but one of my friends is going down same time as us and have to drive to GF to fly allegiant as well.

I don't know cheap airfare so...............being in the middle of canada sucks for that.

Are you playing myvegas? i used it to get 5 nights free while we are there next month, not sure what dates are available in may but it might be worth it to start if you do not play.

7. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Air has gotten ridiculous. We're holding out at the moment but tickets on Southwest are going for $462 R/T. I think we'll get them for around $400 if we wait a bit but that's still well over $100 more than I've paid before for a flight to Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.