1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Riders <insert creative trip name> - July 10-13 - UFC 189 - MGM

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Riders, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    <BR>

BECAUSE ....

[​IMG]

This is the first time I have started a TR early (I am lucky if I get one started by the time I arrive) and I generally have a problem just completing them when I am in Vegas but we are going to give the semi-live report a try again (I do a little better on solo trips). If nothing else, I am a glutton for punishment.

As you can tell by the title, I am not the most creative guy around, so that will have to do for now but I will try to keep up with this one.

I figured I would get a head start as I am looking at doing a few things I haven't done in years and some general planning might be good ... or maybe not as this planning might get out of control and I just scrap it all and wing it, so I make no promises.

Some quick background, this is a solo trip and the first weekend trip I have taken in years. I was almost exclusively a weekend (thur-Sun or Fri-Mon) kind of guy until about 5 years ago ... then I took a mid-week (mon-thur) trip and really enjoyed the slower pace of Vegas during those days and all my trips have been mid-week since. I generally get better rooms mid-week and don't have an issue getting dinner rez at the time I want at anyplace I want. The LIR tables are easier to get on and good bar top VP seats are readily available. With all the said, I am missing the busy weekend vibe and I am never in town for any big event ... especially the VMB meets. Yes, I actually want to meet people from the board .... I had planned to be out for the HL Slot Pull but family and work got in the way and I just couldn’t make it. Then I rescheduled to go back out the weekend of June 13th … but as you can guess, life happened and that trip didn’t. So, we are now booked for this trip and it appears it is going to happen (I almost didn’t write that to just not jinx myself) but I live on the wild side..… ha ha

Travel – arrive 11am on Friday – out 4pm on Monday
    Hotel – Skyloft – (good chance I get bumped down but I will take that chance for this weekend trip)
    Events
    - UFC 189
    - VMB Meet & Greet on Sunday (if I haven’t offended someone by then)​

Beyond that, I don’t have any other plans but I am sure I will fill it in with some good meals and a lot of drinking.

Here are a few things I am looking at filling in the gaps:

1. Downtown – would be Friday night. I haven’t been there in a long time. I think the last time I was down there a group of us from another board, invaded the Gold Spike and took over all the BJ tables. With a few people playing table max (which is $100 at the time) they seemed a little jumpy.
    - Either going to jump around and hit as many as I can or find one or two good properties and play there. Always open to suggestions. Not sure I would ever stay downtown but I might go back for some good freeplay.​
    - Royal Flusher mentioned a bartop (at I believe 4 queens) as one of the single best places to play in Las Vegas at night. And I love a good bartop. Might be worth a shot.​

2. Aria Spa for a massage – Sat afternoon – tried MGM spa but hear good things about the Aria. I also like playing over there, so might be a good afternoon there.

3. Paris Slot Tournament – I have never done one and this one is very small (I barely, if at all play at CET in LV but will at other places throughout the US). I would have to double book and I am not sure of the sessions times but I will look into it.

4. Always open to suggestions.

This should be a good start .. as it gets closer, I am sure some of this will change but half the fun is thinking about all the things that you can do and then just doing whatever you want.

2. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to your TR!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.