1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rick's Restorations

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by vegasvic, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see an older thread from last year has been closed, thought I would post this in case anyone has an interest in the show and visiting the shop.

Stopped there last week. Quite a few people there. Small gift shop with shirts, mugs, pics, etc... small showroom with some restored stuff in it. You can take pics here. The free tour takes about 10 minutes. Once you go through the doors you are not allowed to take any pics, some of the items on display will be seen in upcoming shows. There are 4-5 rooms with large glass windows you can look into. The guide (not someone on TV) explains each room and you can see the guys working. Cowboy was crating up a piece, Kyle was assembling something, the painter guy (forgot his name) was working on something. It's pretty interesting and free. Well worth the stop.

If you want a behind the scenes tour it's $60 for your group/family. One group at a time. We did it. Brently gave us the tour. There are 2 boneyards, one you see on TV and one you don't. We went through both. You can take all the pics you want. Brently was great, very interesting explanations on stuff (there is a 2-3 year wait if you bring something in to be restored, that's how busy they are now). He couldn't have been nicer. Not the goofball he's sometimes made out to be on the show. That tour was about 20-30 minutes, no rush. There were 3 groups waiting for that tour when we were finished.

They were doing some filming when we were there (they film 7 months out of the year). We didn't see any actually filming inside the shop but they were filming interviews with Tyler and then Brently outside of the building. We saw Rick's brother Ron in the boneyard but not Rick (he was in the office).

All in all it was a fun time even if you just do the free tour.

2. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the annie bananie tour last week that takes you to Rick's, Counts Customs and the Pawn Shop, was worth the $50 or so I spent on it. When I was at Rick's Restoration, the whole family was there except Kelly and one of the son's. Rick was there and we saw him briefly but he didnt make any effort to greet the people on the tour.

At Counts Customs, Rolie was the only one there and he was willing to take pictures with the entire group. Really funny guy in person. Just before we left, camera's showed up and we actually got to see a nice car pull up and them fill a scene with Danny (The Count), Ryan (the electronics guy) and the customer. We were not allowed to get anywhere close but we could watch from a distance.

Nobody of note from the Pawn Shop, but I couldn't believe how small the place is. On TV, it looks like there are several rooms in the pawn shop but in reality, it's just one medium sized strip, with half the side wall on one side dedicated to Pawn Stars t-shirts, mugs, etc. It's funny, all three stops on the tour had entire sections for merch, I was surprised how much space they used for it.

3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Rick's twice and each time I have seen cast members working, including Rick and his wife. What I found refreshing was they were customer friendly and seemed to be handling the fame as a temporary condition, with the restoration business being primary.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been considering the annie bananie tour...I watch all of the shows and thought it would be interesting to go see all the shops. My dh is not the type to drive up to a business and look around otherwise we would just go to all the shops on our own. cjohnson I will pm you with questions about it.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Save the $50 and put it toward the private tour. Don't be afraid to just drive up to these places, Plenty of parking. There were 15-20 people at Rick's when we showed up. And they keep coming all day long. While you can look around the showroom all you want the actual free tour is conducted by an employee. It's kind of like going to the zoo, watching the guys working through the glass lol. Pawn Stars (Gold & Silver Pawn) always has a line to get in (not worth it IMO). I agree, Rick, his family and employees seem to handle it well. The show has been on for 5 years already (new episodes start in June). They've already outgrown their new place but Brently said they would probably stay put.

6. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you mentioned this. It was really cool to see how they were totally against drinking on their premise and even using foul language. We were reminded several times that this is a family oriented business, which was very refreshing

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been looking at that tour myself, it sounds like it's worth the money

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you get to skip the line at Gold and Silver Pawn or is this just basically a drive to each business and they let you out and you fiend for yourself?

9. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pawn shop low down

yes there are there but they dont go on the floor , what happens is if there buying something from you and they dont know or its a big amount of money they bring the itiem to the back and the get the amonunt from rick ior old man what they will do.

they dont go on the floor, i did a 5 grand deal with the old man he did come out to finalizethe deal for 2 seconds , no i didnt take pics its was very quick and all i cared about was the money.but basicly i dealt with the pawn desk.

its more of a novelty store at this point.

if any one cares they are shooting again in june then off till september when they are back to shooting again.so if you looking to see them head over in june

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to go to Ricks and do it via one of the bus tours you will be able to do the quickie free tour but not the private boneyard tour because the bus is only going to be there about 20 minutes. IMHO the private tour is 1000x better than the free tour but YMMV.

11. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got to skip the line

12. duoglide

duoglide Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if the Pawn Stars guys are even going to be at the shop anymore - at least in public. They're all millionaires off the show now - according to celebrity network website. Crazy to think that but good for them!

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there in late April, I didn't see anyone. But my aunt was there a few days before and got pictures with Chumlee.

14. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the Annie Bananie trip when I went recently and I have done a full thing on my trip report, but I will say I did enjoy Ricks even got to see him for a few seconds on the tour, seen some of the boneyard out of the window it does look good, as for the Pawn shop I think it's the thing of saying I've been there and that's about it as you don't have too much chance of seeing any of the stars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.